Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Quality Camping Fodder

YorkshireHeathen

YorkshireHeathen

Hi Folks,

I'm still two months away from getting my grey Berghaus Cali and still ferreting away looking for the best gadgets and accessories ready for the great escapes. During this process I've been thinking about how to get maximum nourishment for minimum effort when travelling. When I'm not BBQing, I'm interested in convenience above all else and there were a few criteria that I thought I would never find in decent camping food - but I was wrong. Even if you love cooking from scratch, there are times when we could all use a helping hand and get delicious natural food for less effort.

What if you could have camping food that was 100% natural with no additives? Do you also want to know that the ingredients are responsibly sourced and of excellent quality? Wouldn't it be great if you could take a lot of it away with you, using minimal space, with no fear of it going off AND without the need for using up valuable beer space in the fridge? Wouldn't it be great if you could also have delicious home-cooked flavour as standard, for no more effort than reheating in a pan?

This all seemed a little unlikely to me at first but once you get noodling around on t'inetrnet, it's amazing what you can find. I did a trial run with a mixed order from 'Look What We Found' and I have only positive things to report. Absolutely delicious fodder, minimal van space required, keeps for ages outside the fridge, and most of it will reheat in a pan just as well as it would in a microwave. OK, the portion sizes are a bit small for a 6'4" heathen like myself, but the value is excellent considering the provenance of the ingredients. Highly recommended folks, and like many good things, its from the NORTH :thumb

http://www.lookwhatwefound.co.uk/Page/Index.aspx

Enjoy!

Paul

Thanks for finding that site YORSHIREHEATHEN :thumb

I'm going to give these a go as I live in my truck for 47 weeks of the year and generally cook fresh food but when your tired I reckon these could do the trick

I don't ever have ready meals from the supermarkets but I'm going to try a few of these

We have been using these for a while. We found them in the local supermarket. They taste good, have a long shelf life, and don't need refrigeration. Absolutely ideal to leave in our camping box in the garage, ready to go.

Look What We Found products are now stocked by Asda.

They are good but their portions are seriously small. I need 2, and plenty of crusty bread. But they are ideal for van-life.

We first spotted these at the NEC a couple of years ago, they were exhibiting there.
We have taken them abroad with us so that we always have a simple to make meal after a long drive between sites.
They used to be larger portions and more varied menu choice but like everything else in the food market, the portion sizes have been reduced rather than increase the price (I think from memory about 20% reduction)
I agree with wilupo7 the portions are now not really enough on their own and we find we have to add additional veg or similar.
They are the most convenient ready meals we have ever had.

Hubert

Andy said:
Look What We Found products are now stocked by Asda.

I also saw them in Tesco's (Glasgow) a couple of days ago.

Back