Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2 Years 20k miles

BeachyBird

BeachyBird

Vehicle
T5 Beach
IMG_3769.JPG IMG_3770.JPG IMG_3730.JPG Hi we have just about hit this milestone. Apart from one or two issues (new sun canopy due to seam splitting in high temperatures and a new light cluster in passenger footwell/step) both replaced no hassle it has basically been trouble free motoring. The Cali has opened many more doors for us, we have done lots of 1-2 night trips to long European tours from +40 to -14 degrees, you can do it all in a Cali. We celebrated the 2yr anniversary in the German Alps 'Oberstdorf ' where it snowed for 24hrs and temperature dropped to -14 what a great time, good food, good beer and good wine.

So for anyone still wandering shall we, shan't we, GO FOR IT. you won't regret it. It took me along time to convince my other half but it was worth the effort and never giving up. Roll on the next 20k

A great positive vision on the Cali !
Regarded some issues still a great verhicle and top of the bill in the segment!

Yes that's correct, a lovely area, easy to get to, not to busy, great for skiing in winter and walking in summer.
Good to know I am often here because of the great snowboardcross competitions and until now I didn't consider to camp there. Thank you.

Good to know I am often here because of the great snowboardcross competitions and until now I didn't consider to camp there. Thank you.
We stayed at the Rubi camp which is a 30min walk from the centre of town, bit expensive but good facilities drying and boot room, small bar which also serves breakfast. There is a another bigger camp next door.

View attachment 18788 View attachment 18789 View attachment 18791 Hi we have just about hit this milestone. Apart from one or two issues (new sun canopy due to seam splitting in high temperatures and a new light cluster in passenger footwell/step) both replaced no hassle it has basically been trouble free motoring. The Cali has opened many more doors for us, we have done lots of 1-2 night trips to long European tours from +40 to -14 degrees, you can do it all in a Cali. We celebrated the 2yr anniversary in the German Alps 'Oberstdorf ' where it snowed for 24hrs and temperature dropped to -14 what a great time, good food, good beer and good wine.

So for anyone still wandering shall we, shan't we, GO FOR IT. you won't regret it. It took me along time to convince my other half but it was worth the effort and never giving up. Roll on the next 20k

A good read, so many people seem to only want to post things that have gone wrong. Collected mine in 29 Oct and so far had 14 nights away within two-three hours from home. Sat yesterday with the heater on one and tea in hand watching the world go by in a localish village. When we've had a crappy day at work there is nothing better than sitting on the coast with a cup of tea and letting the day wash away.

..message ends...

Back