Quarantined Cali Jobs

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
What are you all working on to prepare your Cali for better times?

I finished fitting my Inka second skin type seat covers and got my arm properly trapped under the rear bench trying to join the straps! I was almost calling for the fire brigade (seriously).

Well mine could do with new front and rear brakes including discs. Any aftermarket recommendations?

I’ll be;
- Doing an internal deep clean
- exterior full clean, clay the paintwork, polish and wax
- need to fit some led strip lights in the under sink cupboards I made over the winter
- might try and vinyl wrap the awning in black

Just picked up my 2019 Grape Yellow Beach 150ps DSG last Monday in a surreal handover ,as it was unloaded off a car transporter at a deserted Car Park in Pitlochry. ( the dealership in Inverness closed that night ) in a mid way rendezvous. Don’t normally name campers but this one is called “Hope” for obvious reasons right now and the colour brings a smile to my face. Having fun deciding how to kit it out and already ordered loads of stuff for it.

Just picked up my 2019 Grape Yellow Beach 150ps DSG last Monday in a surreal handover ,as it was unloaded off a car transporter at a deserted Car Park in Pitlochry. ( the dealership in Inverness closed that night ) in a mid way rendezvous. Don’t normally name campers but this one is called “Hope” for obvious reasons right now and the colour brings a smile to my face. Having fun deciding how to kit it out and already ordered loads of stuff for it.
Welcome to the yellow club! It’ll always put a smile on your face! :)

Hey! - Welcome to the exclusive Yellow Beach Club...

IMG_3340 (1).JPG

Welcome SandyR! Happy camping and driving hope!

Despite getting their daily walk (from home), indoor trick training, outdoor agility weave & tunnnel / jump training in the garden, my 4 legged guys are still frustrated. Each time I step outside they pull towards the Cali as they know it means going places for agility or walks.
So my quarantine Cali activity is likely to be loading the dogs into the Cali and starting the engine, so they think they’ve been somewhere...

Great Colour, a colour that always makes me smile when I see it (in a good way). Enjoy your van.

From one Beach owner to another, you've picked a truely great vehicle. Welcome and congratulations.

Once this current unpleasantness has run its course you are going to have some great times in Hope. :thumb

What are you all working on to prepare your Cali for better times?

I finished fitting my Inka second skin type seat covers and got my arm properly trapped under the rear bench trying to join the straps! I was almost calling for the fire brigade (seriously).
Waiting for temp to rise so i can fit our Brandrup ISO roof insulation suposed to be ambient temp of 17deg for glue to work

Just removed and cleaned the spare wheel inc sealed and protection. Didn't imaging the difficulty trying to put the spare back on it's carrier though.

Despite getting their daily walk (from home), indoor trick training, outdoor agility weave & tunnnel / jump training in the garden, my 4 legged guys are still frustrated. Each time I step outside they pull towards the Cali as they know it means going places for agility or walks.
So my quarantine Cali activity is likely to be loading the dogs into the Cali and starting the engine, so they think they’ve been somewhere...
We are playing find the toy, chasing up and down stairs and trying to get puppy to skip with me

Waiting for temp to rise so i can fit our Brandrup ISO roof insulation suposed to be ambient temp of 17deg for glue to work
I will announce National Brandrup Day when 80% of the UK is at 17C.

We are playing find the toy, chasing up and down stairs and trying to get puppy to skip with me
I’ve just signed up to an online trick training course. My agility trainers have negotiated a discount for all their regular students, plus they will also get something back. They have no income at the moment so this is hopefully a win win.

I bought my Ocean from Inverness last year, Lorraine in sales was fantastic to deal with although their service department Iv found to be very poor since purchase. Enjoy it

I removed my bike rack this afternoon and gave it a very good cleaning.
Lubricated the screws, steel wool cleaned the aluminum after a soapy wash. It looks brand new again.

Last summer a bought replacement stickers that protect the paint where the bike rack goes.
I’m fitting those tomorrow.

As my Cali is and was already very clean, i’ll start with lubricating all the rubbers and cleaning the engine for the first time.

Back