Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Quarantined Cali Jobs

I bought my Ocean from Inverness last year, Lorraine in sales was fantastic to deal with although their service department Iv found to be very poor since purchase. Enjoy it
Yes Lorraine was great to deal with and very professional. Her boss Hamish was excellent too. Pulled out all the stops to close the deal and get the Cali to me that day, as I was on the verge of cancelling.

Waiting for temp to rise so i can fit our Brandrup ISO roof insulation suposed to be ambient temp of 17deg for glue to work
we just turned the heater on......worked a treat.....the isotop is a great investment .....no more getting wet or blinding each other with our head torches as we put the topper on....and we can drop the roof and go as quickly as it takes to turn the seats....

Just picked up my 2019 Grape Yellow Beach 150ps DSG last Monday in a surreal handover ,as it was unloaded off a car transporter at a deserted Car Park in Pitlochry. ( the dealership in Inverness closed that night ) in a mid way rendezvous. Don’t normally name campers but this one is called “Hope” for obvious reasons right now and the colour brings a smile to my face. Having fun deciding how to kit it out and already ordered loads of stuff for it.
Keep the faith we will be back out in force as soon as permissible

Desperate times - keeping idle hands busy: sticky backed plastic, a butchered cardboard box and some reinforcement from a butchered Tupperware box makes some storage for wasted space - roof rack pads fit pretty well in there, and found some old photos of my previous windsurfing transport.D60E75CC-B669-4696-ACEC-45E2CE1D3B40.jpeg

Ah! Thank you for the reminder. All clocks except for the one in the oven adjusted themselves. The oven clock was the only one on my list. Now will need to add the Cali to the 'manual' adjustment list.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just ordered a new Air Con filter which should arrive
soon, so I've got the old one partially out ready for
replacing.
There was loads of crap inside.
IMG_8371.JPGIMG_8372.JPG

Kitchen cupboard for me yesterday
Thorough clean, doors removed & adjusted to stop the rattles, new non slip matting on the shelves, raised the floor slightly with some mdf so that stuff slides in and out more easily and used some packing foam to create a home for the ridge monkey.

Really need this to be over soon!

Fitted 2nd hand Cali boot drawer - very happy with it so far, and mostly finished the netting for the rear to save things ejecting - started it at the meeting in Denmark at the end of August so hasn’t exactly been the fastest of progress....View attachment 56649

Makes a massive difference to the van.
Our sliding draw is our wardrobe for 3 of us. Which means the cupboards around the van are clear for other things.
That step you have, I have one similar. Fits with the chairs in the tailgate. Unless you already have stuff packed with the chairs....;)
Do you have another table there...?

Hi @soulstyledevon, yes that is a Decathlon folding table - is a good size for additional food prep space when eating outside and I am finding it makes a good work surface now I fitted the drawer. Smooth edges so nothing catches but is pretty lightly made so won’t take much weight - mine already had some damage when I unpacked it where a leg fixing was pushing up through the mdf table surface but is has survived ok since then. Not expensive either.
Thanks for the suggestion regarding the step - with the metal grille on the higher level the step just fits under when on the drawer. Will give it a try in the tailgate but already have Comfortz awning room stored there - front in one chair and 2 sides in the other.Will see what else will fit in there....

I’ve been thinking about some netting to keep my bedding in place the same as yourself...
Good idea

My netting was left over from doing the lifelines on the small sailing boat I had when the kids were small to save them ejecting over the side every other moment. Available at sailing chandleries and online, but if you PM me I think I have a fair amount still spare and can send you some.

I have tied hooks onto the pivots for the rear overhead shelf (conscious not to overload as pivots are only plastic) and some elastic from each end of the wire shelf up to the end of the rod to help stop things sliding out the side. It is a bit of trial and error to thread it right to get the tension consistent across the net and avoid saggy parts, but the netting seems to help avoid a cascade when you open the boot, and the netting can just be tucked under the mattress when not in use.
Cheers

And now with pictures..
Removed the bike rack, replaced the dirt and worn protection stickers, clean the rack —> happy.

Can you buy the stickers? I have a second hand bike rack and just cut some 3M bike frame protection film, but if there’s a templated kit I would buy one.

Good afternoon,

I washed and waxed the van, cleaned the fresh and grey water tank. Inside I cleaned it and checked the cupboards if there was not food left. Checked standard equipment. In theory Kelley would be ready to go:

1586188304502.png

Happy California,
Eberhard

In theory :headbang. The van looks great though! Might try a wash myselfon of these days. (for the van that is)

Good afternoon,

I washed and waxed the van, cleaned the fresh and grey water tank. Inside I cleaned it and checked the cupboards if there was not food left. Checked standard equipment. In theory Kelley would be ready to go:

View attachment 57120

Happy California,
Eberhard
Very nice graphic on the rear side window. Not easy to get right!

Back