Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RAC cover?

Garyh09

Garyh09

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi, just wondering do many people add on RAC cover to their insurance policy? I'm going to be a new owner so don't really know anything about the Cali
Thanks in advance, Gary

I'm sorry, should have said, I'm buying a used beach, is the AA

Sorry posted too early, just looked at the link, thanks for the replies.

Your used beach may or may not have cover - depends who you buy it from.

If it doesn't then you ave various options. Will the Cali be an additional wvehicle? In that case you are probably best off going for a breakdown policy that covers all vehicles you own rather than based on vehicle cover. Pretty sure personal RAC cover offers this - not sure about AA. I have Green Flag cover through my bank account which covers all vehicles I own irrespective of who is driving.

Reactions: wyn
After your van is 3 years old you can extend the VW roadside assist with the full package I felt was good value although you have to buy in 2 year blocks. What was worth knowing that we sold our van with 12 month left to run and were given a full refund of unused months cover.

With the Camping & Caravanning Club you get discount on RAC membership and they will come onto the campsite to attend to the vehicle.

The OP has a T6 2016 Beach.
The breakdown cover like the warranty stays with the vehicle even if the vehicle is secondhand no matter where it is purchased from.

Had a read through the VW Breakdown Booklet today, raining/pouring so Cali out of bounds for tinkering.

You don't have full recovery with courtesy vehicle or onward travel, hotel etc. Just Breakdown with lots of "at our discretion" in it.

From that I'd say get full breakdown package as well.
I've gone with Safeguard for that reason as it's all included in the vehicle insurance.package.
I used them a few years back on a Motorhome for that reason. No problems to worry about as it covers the need for 3 tonnes load recovery vehicles. Normal car cover doesn't.
No restriction on the number of days use in European Mainland either.

RAC would charge more than half for just European Breakdown inclusive cover than I'm paying for in total.

I know there is small print and discretion but I have had 1st class service with VW assist,a few years ago and happy with level of cover.
  • Call out fault diagnosis van not safe to drive
  • At our choice the following day van moved from Wales to home address on transporter with 4 on board.
  • Move van from my address to local VW garage (as it was Sunday when the van came home rather than direct there)
  • I did not explore accommodation which I have done if we had made the choice to get van repaired in Wales.
below is from VW assist document. but I guess if undertaking a special trip extra cover may be worth taking out.

5. Onward travel In the event of recovery following Breakdown, where Your Vehicle cannot be repaired within a reasonable time, We may in Our absolute discretion organise and cover the costs of one of the following: Replacement vehicle* In the event of mechanical or electrical Breakdown only, Volkswagen Roadside Assistance may arrange and pay for a replacement Vehicle up to a maximum of two days. This excludes road traffic accidents. or: Hotel accommodation Overnight accommodation for the driver and up to seven passengers. (This does not include the cost of meals and drinks). or: Alternative travel Volkswagen Roadside Assistance may arrange alternative transport for the driver and up to seven passengers to the driver’s destination, e.g. by taxi or train.

When I collected my Cali on 1st March. I was told that with reference to the Roadside Breakdown Service.

The responder will be whichever Organisation can provide the quickest response, be it the AA, RAC, Green Flag,etc.

Seems a good thing.

Doesn't appear to be any reason to have seperate breakdown Cover which needs numerous add ons to get what is really needed when most Insurers are now lumping this in with their Vehicle policies.

I'm now over covered as we have a family RAC package, my old car Insurance has it incl. European cover, the Cali has VW plus insurance cover. Delima would be who to call out.

I believe AA now have contract for VW roadside assist. So will be AA atending any callous.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I believe AA now have contract for VW roadside assist. So will be AA atending any callous.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Is that a confirmed update on what I was informed by a Dealer on Wednesday?

Is that a confirmed update on what I was informed by a Dealer on Wednesday?
They do Cross Cover on occasions to help each other out.

They do Cross Cover on occasions to help each other out.
Just passing on what I was told to quote.

When you call for breakdown assistance VW contact numerous breakdown service suppliers and use the one who can respond in the shortest timescale. No prime service used.

That's my information.