Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Raining in the roof of a T6

B

Brian C

Has anyone experienced raining in at base of pop up roof T6

Mine's not a T6 but this is quite common especially if the roof is quite new or hasn't had a few soakings from the rain, the fabric tends to tighten up after it's got wet a few times.
We found this on our original roof, and are currently going through it again as our roof canvas was replaced as part of the roof corrosion repair.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mine's not a T6 but this is quite common especially if the roof is quite new or hasn't had a few soakings from the rain, the fabric tends to tighten up after it's got wet a few times.
We found this on our original roof, and are currently going through it again as our roof canvas was replaced as part of the roof corrosion repair.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I thought the T6 bellows was a different fabric to the Canvas found on the T4/5/5.1?

I thought the T6 bellows was a different fabric to the Canvas found on the T4/5/5.1?

Yes I think it is, although the fabric on our 5.1 was replaced (FOC) by the dealer when we bought it ex-demo, and I think they used a T6 bellows for that.

Ours hasn't noticeably leaked - although on a sample of one that doesn't prove much of course.

Depends on what you mean by "raining in" ....
A few occasional drops or puddles?

We've experience torrential rain on a couple of occasions whilst in Cali. We've had some condensation around the base of the roof and rain come through the mesh when it changed direction before we could zip up the sides. Could this be the same as you've experienced? It definitely didn't get wet through the material of the roof.

Another perspective on this is that the whole thing is, in the end, a tent on the roof.

When camping (in the trad sense) I'd never expect a tent to be 100% leak-proof or condensation-free in all conditions. Similarly I don't expect the Cali 'upstairs' to be dry as a bone in all conditions.

When all else fails, skin is waterproof. :D

Back