Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
I am trying to find the fuse for the reading light in the pop up roof

Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks
Johan

Try SF18. 10Amp under passenger seat.

20FC75AB-CF1D-4F2B-BD0D-0A35D190092D.jpeg

Don't know if it's the same for T5, but the ignition needs to be off for the roof lights on the T6... I also think this fuse would stop the other interior lights from working? an easy test...

Don't know if it's the same for T5, but the ignition needs to be off for the roof lights on the T6... I also think this fuse would stop the other interior lights from working? an easy test...
If the fuse chart is correct, you’re correct, it shares fuse with other interior lights. Having said that VW fuses are not an exact science! Not sure if it’s Ignition dependent.

My "upstairs" dimmable lights have also stopped working. It's a 2018 Ocean. Every other internal light however works suggesting my problem isn't fuse SF18?
Any ideas?
Cheers

I've been looking over the fuse layouts and can't find a specific fuse for the upstairs, but knowing that they are disabled with ignition on (T6), there must be a relay or some other ignition controlled feed, which I can't find. I'd try giving each relay under the passenger seat a wiggle or try and listen for a click when turning the key to try and locate the feed. Short of prising out the switch and lamps to check for feed present, I'm at a loss without a full wiring diagram, sorry.

I've been looking over the fuse layouts and can't find a specific fuse for the upstairs, but knowing that they are disabled with ignition on (T6), there must be a relay or some other ignition controlled feed, which I can't find. I'd try giving each relay under the passenger seat a wiggle or try and listen for a click when turning the key to try and locate the feed. Short of prising out the switch and lamps to check for feed present, I'm at a loss without a full wiring diagram, sorry.
When I changed my upstairs bendy light fitting I decided VW refers to it as the "map reading light".

I don't think they supply them (bendy light) on the T6, I never got one anyway...
But there is a 'map reading light' fuse listed as fuse H 2, worth a look. :thumb

edit - this fuse also supplies 12V socket U5 - maybe the socket upstairs so worth trying something in it too

My "upstairs" dimmable lights have also stopped working. It's a 2018 Ocean. Every other internal light however works suggesting my problem isn't fuse SF18?
Any ideas?
Cheers
The dimmable lights are controll by a dimmer unit that also does the tailgate lights and its supplied by a 10A fuse under the passenger seat (it goes off when the ignition is turned on as it is also has an ignition feed to the dimmer unit to shut them off)
the socket in pop roof and the 12v socket on the end of the sink share the same 15A fuse under the passenger seat in the block of 3/4 blue 15A sockets.

Thanks a lot for all the responses !!
will take out the front seat tonight and run through those fuse
Just slide and spin the seat.... no need to remove it!

Thanks a lot for all the responses !!
will take out the front seat tonight and run through those fuse

You shouldn’t need to remove the seat to access the fuses, but if you ever do for another reason, be aware of the airbag connections.

You shouldn’t need to remove the seat to access the fuses, but if you ever do for another reason, be aware of the airbag connections.
indeed, if you unplug the wire under the seat DO NOT turn on the ignition until they are reconnected.

Thanks Amarillo, that was a lot easier than last time.
I have a 2007 T5 and mine only has 9 smal fuses(3 x 3) plus the 60 amp fuse under the front seat
It is the 10amp fuse in the centre closest to the 60 amp fuse that the reading lamp uses
It always has power and is not affected by ignigtion or lights

The dimmable lights are controll by a dimmer unit that also does the tailgate lights and its supplied by a 10A fuse under the passenger seat (it goes off when the ignition is turned on as it is also has an ignition feed to the dimmer unit to shut them off)
the socket in pop roof and the 12v socket on the end of the sink share the same 15A fuse under the passenger seat in the block of 3/4 blue 15A sockets.
...... if that's the case then riddle me this batman aka @Loz ;)

The "upstairs" lights neither dim nor, in fact, turn on. The dimmable tailgate however, does both

...... if that's the case then riddle me this batman aka @Loz ;)

The "upstairs" lights neither dim nor, in fact, turn on. The dimmable tailgate however, does both
could be the switch, have you tried removing the fuse to "reset" the module?

Last edited:
@Loz . looking at this from the VIP download section. Is SH7 shown on page 26of32? Bottom left hand corner fuse?

Hmm. The fuse box under the passengers seat bears no resemblance whatsoever to the fuse image in the diagram I mentioned in the thread above.

This is my fuse box
PassengersFuseBox T6 Cali.jpg