Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop up 12V socket not working

Neilos

Neilos

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all, I haven’t managed to find a definitive answer.

My 12V socket in the roof stopped working whilst camping.

Lights in the roof still work.

Am thinking it’s probably a fuse?

I think I can figure out the fuse using the fuse layout in the resources section.

I’m not sure on removing the seat to get to the fuses. Is this easy to do? I understand there are air bag sensors etc. Should I just take to the dealer?! It’s an hours trip there and back so am thinking if I can change a fuse then I would.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same. It was short due to the end of a charger falling into the socket.
Just push the seat right back, you can access the fuses.
If I recall correctly, it was in the cluster of blue 15A furthest from the door, closer to the centre of the vehicle. Just keep pulling them out and looking until you find the blown one!
FWIW it is not these three blue ones in this thread, but there are a couple of others.

I had the same. It was short due to the end of a charger falling into the socket.
Just push the seat right back, you can access the fuses.
If I recall correctly, it was in the cluster of blue 15A furthest from the door, closer to the centre of the vehicle. Just keep pulling them out and looking until you find the blown one!
FWIW it is not these three blue ones in this thread, but there are a couple of others.

Cheers, hadn’t thought of sliding the seat back, I will check that! It’s very odd. I only had a small night light plugged in through a USB adapter. Both of those still work. It was a very wet night, I wondered whether moisture had got in somehow.

Cheers, hadn’t thought of sliding the seat back, I will check that! It’s very odd. I only had a small night light plugged in through a USB adapter. Both of those still work. It was a very wet night, I wondered whether moisture had got in somehow.

Turn the seat to 90o and slide back towards kitchen. No need to remove seat.

Back