Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof light electrical supply

D

dbradley55

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Having given up on the original poorly designed flexible roof light I have bought the newly designed LED one. This new light works fine when connected to battery terminals so no problem there. However there doesn’t seem to be any electrical supply to the two bare wires to which the old light was connected.
Maybe the fuse has blown? However all other lights are fine. Does this roof light have its own dedicated fuse? If so where is it?

Many thanks

Welcome on your first post , i'm sure this is something thats been asked before , try some searching in older posts , also the VIP downloads have some electrical diagrams witch i belive can give info about fuses and wireing.

I took the bendy light out and installed a 12v instead , much more conveniant .

Having given up on the original poorly designed flexible roof light I have bought the newly designed LED one. This new light works fine when connected to battery terminals so no problem there. However there doesn’t seem to be any electrical supply to the two bare wires to which the old light was connected.
Maybe the fuse has blown? However all other lights are fine. Does this roof light have its own dedicated fuse? If so where is it?

Many thanks
It could be a fuse, as mentioned above BUT it could also be the wrong polarity. LEDs require the correct polarity. Try swapping the wires around.
I had the same problem fitting mine and just swapping the wires around worked.

Thanks guys. It was a 10 amp fuse under the passenger seat that had blown. You are right about the polarity of the LED light connections. Didn’t work at first until I switched the wires over. Great advice.

Always switch the negative side of an LED