Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear Air Con

K

KAP0902

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
VW technical have told me to have Air Con in the rear living area I need Climatronic AC.
I now have to accept that, however they can’t tell me what to expect if I select the function available to me now on my 24 model.

I know what I get, which is warm air in rear living area.

What happens to any Beach owner with manual air con when the Rear Aircon function is pressed please?
If it’s warm air for the colder climate fair enough.

Last edited:
To any Beach owners without climatronic AC, mine is manual.
VW have just told me that despite:
An option of rear air con with a separate unit in rear
A button in the overhead unit
A range of Neutral to +6
AC in the front has to be on for it to work.

VW just say you need Climatronic Air Con, I get that maybe true but nowhere in any manual does it say this function only blows out hot air or what the range means.

Is this a Beach function for the winter to keep passengers warm with this set up?

So I’ve Aux heating with a fob, option in dashboard menu for supplementary heating ( whatever that does) and now warm air in the back.
All the Rear system does is Ambient Air or Heated Air ( heated by the engine coolant via a heat exchanger in the rear ).
The Fob switches on the Diesel Parking Heater to warm the vehicle BUT can only be used for a maximum 120 minutes in total before stopping. It will reset once the vehicle has been driven.
The Supplimentary Heating is the Diesel Parking Heater which can be set to run on a timer or continuously as long as leisure battery voltage is above 11.5v and there is a minimum 1/4 tank of diesel.

What about an 24 Ocean will it have cold.....AC. In the back

What about an 24 Ocean will it have cold.....AC. In the back
It will Unless you are one of the many owners with stuck buttons on the rear controls. If you have the stuck buttons you will sit in the van wondering why the van feels very hot even though the aircon is blowing cold out of the dashboard vents. The buttons set the rear controls to max heat & max fan speed. You can over-ride them by using the sync button which means the rear system is operated from the front controls not the rear.

All the Rear system does is Ambient Air or Heated Air ( heated by the engine coolant via a heat exchanger in the rear ).
The Fob switches on the Diesel Parking Heater to warm the vehicle BUT can only be used for a maximum 120 minutes in total before stopping. It will reset once the vehicle has been driven.
The Supplimentary Heating is the Diesel Parking Heater which can be set to run on a timer or continuously as long as leisure battery voltage is above 11.5v and there is a minimum 1/4 tank of diesel.
Thank you much for the answer, no explanation given to me during a warranty visit on another issue.
Your first paragraph should be in the supplement or main manual.

It will Unless you are one of the many owners with stuck buttons on the rear controls. If you have the stuck buttons you will sit in the van wondering why the van feels very hot even though the aircon is blowing cold out of the dashboard vents. The buttons set the rear controls to max heat & max fan speed. You can over-ride them by using the sync button which means the rear system is operated from the front controls not the rear.
I have asked my dealer to resolve this stuck button issue under warranty and am awaiting it going in for inspection next week with my fingers crossed :cool:

Back