Rear blind

Norfolk Jim

Norfolk Jim

Trying to retire but there's always one last job..
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Unless you are a contorsionist (if that's how you spell it) I've found the easiest way to pull rear blind up is from outside. Found it nigh on impossible from inside with seat up......... anyway my question is has anyone come up with a novel way of stopping the light ingress down the side of this blind - it's quite a gap to edge of glass and goodness knows why VW didn't make material wider as it would still fit on roller as narrower at the top.

I don't want to go buying a stick on rear window blind as that's just something extra to pack and stick on still leave gaps. My dealer suggested what about a wide vinyl strip down side of rear window - would have no affect on rear visibilty..................I'm pondering a locla chap I know fitting a matt black strip about 75mm wide on inside and see if that sorts it. Trouble is though blind sits about 25mm or more off glass; it's as if you need a small flap of some description stuck on rear window which blind covers over.

Any bright ideas people?????

Absolutely, go to sleep with a mask on, my wife does, it stops her scaring the neighbours and me!

More radically, go to sleep when it gets dark, get up when it gets light
Not easy when it's light at around 4.30 in morning in Scotland in April or not dark until 11.30 in May!!

Mask is good idea, but scare the hell out of me wondering where I am when I finally wake up!!

Unless you are a contorsionist (if that's how you spell it) I've found the easiest way to pull rear blind up is from outside. Found it nigh on impossible from inside with seat up.
If you're getting ready to sleep downstairs, then the seat will not be up. The best way ... lie down and then lift the blind up lying in bed.

Thanks to a very bright light in a parking stop at night, I just leaned two large pillows against the gap and that worked. But only ever done it once.

I second the mask. If you're that sensitive to the sliver of light that I never even noticed, then the mask will likely be your best solution. Not the kind the airlines hand out but a comfortable one with padding. Have earplugs handy in case the campground holds a children's karaoke party next to your pitch that goes beyond midnight.

Unless you are a contorsionist (if that's how you spell it) I've found the easiest way to pull rear blind up is from outside. Found it nigh on impossible from inside with seat up......... anyway my question is has anyone come up with a novel way of stopping the light ingress down the side of this blind - it's quite a gap to edge of glass and goodness knows why VW didn't make material wider as it would still fit on roller as narrower at the top.

I don't want to go buying a stick on rear window blind as that's just something extra to pack and stick on still leave gaps. My dealer suggested what about a wide vinyl strip down side of rear window - would have no affect on rear visibilty..................I'm pondering a locla chap I know fitting a matt black strip about 75mm wide on inside and see if that sorts it. Trouble is though blind sits about 25mm or more off glass; it's as if you need a small flap of some description stuck on rear window which blind covers over.

Any bright ideas people?????
I put one headresr down, keel on the seat, reach back had upturned and a quick lift and hook action. Helps I do it at every week. Yes the blinks are a bit leaky for light but ai fimd noise more of an issue, especially winter storms.

We used to hang a strip of blackout curtain fabric over that edge in the old 5.1. But we also want to do something better for our new vehicle.