Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear Window Blind Won't Close

M

Martyn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I wonder if anyone could help? Since getting my California last week I'm slowly going through it and checking that everything works, needless to say I've found a few things I'm not exactly happy with! Anyhow, it seems that there might be a problem with the rear offside window blind - it seems very "loose" in its rails and doesn't shut, the inertia of the blind just pulls it back up. Is this common? Is there an easy fix?

Grateful for any advice

Martyn

HI Martyn,

Yes this is a common problem. Hopefully you are within warranty so I would not bother with any DIY fixes, just get the whole blind replaced by a dealer.

Thanks Martin, I'll add it to the laundry list. Are these things difficult to swap out??

Well, I spoke to the dealers this morning (Benfields in Newcastle) and they will look at the window blind next week when it goes back to have a few other things sorted out, I expect it will be replaced under warranty.

Am slightly concerned about them ripping out half the interior in order to replace it though and will be taking "before" photographs as insurance ;)

Would be interested to hear of anyone else who has had this particular blind replaced.

Martyn

I need to talk to SMG about mine,

I have the opposite problem.

It stays down ok, just will not go back up without spending half the morning persuading it to.

Reminds me of an ex boyfriend.

JEN!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ha! I will let you know how I get on Jen - somehow I think you're going to have more luck with SMG than I'm going to with Benfields .....

Back