Rear climate advice.

pchmlk

pchmlk

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
This is the control in the back of our 5.1

2 questions please.

Should cold/ACed air come out of the vent in the back?

If so, is it a separate system?

I ask as the front AC is beautiful but it’s not coming out cold cold in the back and wondered if the rear needed regassing.

Thanks for any help
IMG_7704.jpeg

This is the control in the back of our 5.1

2 questions please.

Should cold/ACed air come out of the vent in the back?

If so, is it a separate system?

I ask as the front AC is beautiful but it’s not coming out cold cold in the back and wondered if the rear needed regassing.

Thanks for any help
View attachment 125306
I presume you do not have the 3 zone Climatroic system which was a paid for option on the T5.1.
In which case the rear system only supplies ambient air or heated air. No cooling.

I presume you do not have the 3 zone Climatroic system which was a paid for option on the T5.1.
In which case the rear system only supplies ambient air or heated air. No cooling.
Ah, that makes sense then. Many thanks.

I have a REAR button upfront but no other controls, does this mean I have the basic system ?

Ah, that makes sense then. Many thanks.

I have a REAR button upfront but no other controls, does this mean I have the basic system ?
This is the Climatronic Control Panel.Screenshot_20240627_134748_Chrome~2.jpg

Thanks again.

So for anyone stumbling across this in the future - I have no optional extras and therefore the ventilation in the rear is hot/ambient only with no active cooling.

My T6 Beach is even less sophisticated than yours, with no rear panel at all.

I see Climatronic on many peoples list of "Cali Essentials", but provided you have the front A/C on full blast and air circulating on the rear non-A/C blowers, then we've never had a problem in all but the hottest conditions.

Of course I'd rather have it than not, and acknowledge I'm usually in the front myself, but I don't think it's the end of the world as some make out tbh. Maybe too many formative years in the back of a Cortina estate with the vinyl piping stuck to my young legs. <insert Four Yorkshiremen sketch here>

I agree hirsty, we were driving in 32 degrees for an hour the other day and kids were perfect temp in the back. I’m happy it’s not broken but also pleased not to need it anyway!

Back