Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear cupholders 6.1

S

Shed

Vehicle
Looking to buy
We have a new 6.1 Coast, and puzzled by the lack of rear cupholders. Any ideas?

There is one cupholder in the rear on my T5 on the right of the bench seat. Never understand the obsession with them though - Ive never used any of them front or rear.

Theres a vw one that clips into the table rail

The vw one doesn't work on a 6.1 unfortunately. I also struggled with this and at the moment have just lashed up a cloth bag on the hook above the right-hand passenger that my son puts his water bottle in. Not ideal but it works, and it ends up being where we keep our books/ipads when we're camping.

(ps - there are other threads on this if you search for cup holder)

Last edited:
I've got one of the cup holders for the rear, that clips into the table rail.
I'm not a fan of it and it's no longer in the van.
It means just the person nearest the table rail can reach that spot.
It would be good if there were rear cup holders (clip in and out or not), on both sides, better than the current option.

We have the in rail ones and one similar to the one on the amazon link.
The Amazon one feels far more secure, kids like them in the back as somewhere to store the mobile phone etc.

We have the in rail ones and one similar to the one on the amazon link.
The Amazon one feels far more secure, kids like them in the back as somewhere to store the mobile phone etc.
Oh. So the rail ones do fit the 6.1 table rail? I thought I'd read otherwise. My apologies.

They don’t fit as well as they did on the older van, I think the profile of the slot is slightly different.
Our T6.1 was delivered with one of the cup holders in a bag along with the window blinds etc.