Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuse locations

Milly Molly

Milly Molly

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi everyone

I've had a few electrical problems in my lovely van. Af faulty USB charger blew the fuses for my 12v sockets and I was able to identify and change those using the fuse layout guide in the Technical Guides section (Thanks @Loz !) However, I can't work out where to find the fuse for the 12v socket under the media display and above the cupholders. Does anyone know where I find/identify this one. I have a MY16 Ocean.

TIA.

if you only have 1 media usb it is powered by the media unit if 2 (there and glove box) there is a 5a fuse for it.

We have 1 USB in the glove box that doesn’t work and one in the dash beneath the radio that connects to CarPlay - that does work (although CarPlay is not very reliable!) and the 12v socket beneath that that doesn’t work. I take it the fuses from those are not under the front passenger seat.

We have 1 USB in the glove box that doesn’t work and one in the dash beneath the radio that connects to CarPlay - that does work (although CarPlay is not very reliable!) and the 12v socket beneath that that doesn’t work. I take it the fuses from those are not under the front passenger seat.
Correct. Usually found in the Central Dashboard fuse box.
Under front seat is normally ancillary equipment. On the California the habitation lights, sockets etc.
Dashboard , Transporter equipment.

Fuse box behind the bottle holder below the gear shift.
Fuse SC18 7.5A Labeled Rev Cam/USB hub below.
Fuse-Card.png

Great - thanks @WelshGas and @Loz. I might have a go at getting that panel off at the weekend. The rev camera is working though. Will have a look at SC49 too

Does anyone know of a picture/ diagram like this for the T6.1 California ?
That would be great for me too. Did you get a reply Pete?

Cheers
@Loz who prepared those fuse diagrams is a member on the T6 forum and I believe they might have the T6.1 diagrams in their Membership section.

Reactions: Loz
@Loz who prepared those fuse diagrams is a member on the T6 forum and I believe they might have the T6.1 diagrams in their Membership section.
Loz has sold his California and does not appear to be active.

Thanks all.
internet searches reveal plenty for T6 but not T6.1….

Only on request these days :)

I have replied to @Minty as he PM'd me and sent him the wiring diagram and fuse layout.

The refrigerator, like all the camping bits on the 6.1 is powered by the new Special Vehicle control unit J608 and this is fused with fuses 5,6,7,8 in Fuse box C under Headlight Light Switch

Cheers Loz, nice to know your font of knowledge prevails!

Only on request these days :)

I have replied to @Minty as he PM'd me and sent him the wiring diagram and fuse layout.

The refrigerator, like all the camping bits on the 6.1 is powered by the new Special Vehicle control unit J608 and this is fused with fuses 5,6,7,8 in Fuse box C under Headlight Light Switch
could you also please share the under passenger seat fuse layout for vwt6.1 ocean w me??

struggling to find anywhere and have interior habitation light issues...