Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear passenger aircon fins are stuck in the closed position

blondebier

blondebier

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
20191031_130152.jpg

Hi all,

I thought a photo would probably best illustrate this issue.

The black slider control on the right does not move freely and the fins won't open. I.e. it's stuck in the closed position.

Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it?

I wondered about taking the unit out to have a look at it but I'm not sure how they pop out. I didn't want to use much force in case something broke. Presumably the vented side comes out on its own.

Any thoughts?

View attachment 52160

Hi all,

I thought a photo would probably best illustrate this issue.

The black slider control on the right does not move freely and the fins won't open. I.e. it's stuck in the closed position.

Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it?

I wondered about taking the unit out to have a look at it but I'm not sure how they pop out. I didn't want to use much force in case something broke. Presumably the vented side comes out on its own.

Any thoughts?
I had similar problem with all my vents, in fact I broke one on dash because it was so stiff. I managed to do a repair but I now give them a regular spray with a silicon lubricant.
To free up yours I would suggest spraying WD or similar (use the long tube if possible) down the side of the knurled slider.
I also now never turn the control until it clicks "closed" just turn it enough to cut the air flow.

Thanks for the suggestion. It worked!

I used some GT-85 and it finally budged. (It required a fair amount of force though)

It's a bit of a ropey design if they seize after 18 months. I've given the opposite 2 a dose as well.

Back