Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear shower retrofit?

• Thread starter superchargedpolo
  • Start date
S

superchargedpolo

VIP Member
Good morning all.
I see you can order a new Cali with a rear shower attachment and the shop offers a shower head for the sink, however has anyone tired to retrofit a rear removable one? I have been asked if this is possible. Obviously anything is possible but just thought I’d see if anyone had tried it before. If not, I’ll take some pictures of my installation.

Here is a link the the shower connection I am proposing:

Thanks
Craig

I thought the shower unit on the Cali was cold water only. This is from the connection you're proposing
"It uses the unit’s existing hot and cold water supplies. Inserting the shower assembly, locks it in place and turns on the water. Temperature adjustment by turning the assembly. "

You can purchase all the vw parts to retrofit this

Sorry, I should have said it will be cold water only. It’s for rinsing down wetsuits etc at the back of the van.

I know I can buy all the bits from VW, that isn’t really my question, I just wanted to know if anyone had done it and if they had any issues etc.

Thanks.

Sorry for a minute there I thought you asked the question can the shower be retro fitted Read my answer again you asked can the shower be retrofitted I replied you can buy the parts to retrofit

I also considered retrofitting the VW parts for the cold shower into my T5.1 but opted instead for the Decathlon pump shower (https://www.decathlon.co.uk/portable-shower-8-l-id_8333161.html).
Used it a few times during a short trip though France and it works really well.
It's not as integrated as the VW solution but it's portable, doesn't use the precious 30L tank, can be solar heated and with a few pumps the pressure is good enough for a decent shower or washing off. And I don't have to drill holes into the cabinet :Depressed
Now I still have to fit a curtain with magnets to the tailgate and voila, douche en dehors :embarrased.

Decathlon- snap! That is the same decision I came to. I wanted a shower capable of more than the factory option offers.

Back