Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear under seat drawer - won't open - seems to be stuck

Does anyone know how the under seat drawer can be opened if the plastic handle seems to have detached from the metal locking claws and won't open? The plastic handle can now be positioned horizontal and returned to down position without unlocking drawer. Very frustrating as there's gear in there we need today. Thanks.

Does anyone know how the under seat drawer can be opened if the plastic handle seems to have detached from the metal locking claws and won't open? The plastic handle can now be positioned horizontal and returned to down position without unlocking drawer. Very frustrating as there's gear in there we need today. Thanks.
Thanks to the wonderful moderator who put my post here. It's seems I'm not the first with this issue and once I locate some longer Allen keys I may be all fixed up. Only challenge is my tools are in that drawer... a small issue really. Thanks.

Thanks to the wonderful moderator who put my post here. It's seems I'm not the first with this issue and once I locate some longer Allen keys I may be all fixed up. Only challenge is my tools are in that drawer... a small issue really. Thanks.
All fixed now. After lifting the lower section of seat, I could reach right in from behind where the tool box had been removed and release the rhs catch with a screw driver as a wedge. The drawer slid open and I was able to retighten the screw to the rod using loktite. Success. Thanks again.

All fixed now. After lifting the lower section of seat, I could reach right in from behind where the tool box had been removed and release the rhs catch with a screw driver as a wedge. The drawer slid open and I was able to retighten the screw to the rod using loktite. Success. Thanks again.
How did you lift the bottom seat ?

Just been checking out in mine , the hook looks like this

View attachment 11812

Try with a thin screwdriver (careful not damaging things)
Two man job one pulling handle and other try poking ....

View attachment 11813

Are you sure you can't reach in from the booth ? There is a small gap in the rear part of the drawers back maybe big enouhg to fit a arm...
Photos were a big help. Thanks, Alan

Back