Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear View Mirror - Help!

T

The Poets

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all, hoping someone can help. This was an issue when we first bought the camper, and was subsequently fixed by VW Poole. It’s now happened again 18 months on and I’m wondering if anyone can help.
When tilting the mirror in order to pull the Internal blind across the windscreen, the mirror just came off in my hand and is hanging by the wires (see picture).
I can’t reattach it for love nor money and don’t want to force it and risk damaging anything further. Can anyone advise on how to reattach the mirror? It doesn’t appear that anything has snapped or sheared off.
Appreciate any help!D7A34452-8138-4D29-A092-1CD33DA441D1.jpeg

Consider posting the solution in this thread, so other forum members can benefit from it in the future if the same happens to anyone?!

Can you share?
Edit: Ha, you beat me to it Thomas! :happy

Of course, sorry - this worked a treat in terms of taking the plastic cap off so you can see what you're doing and it twists on clockwise. Actually very easy now i know how!

Hoping it's OK to post a thread from another forum on here!
Annoyingly, this happened with a driveway sleepover so not even in action....

You will have to replace the big spring that holds the mirror to the front windscreen. Once it's detachted, the tension of the spring is gone. It will "fall" off again when tilting the mirror again.

Brilliant, thanks so much for the quick response. Was a bit fiddley, (My eyesight leaves a lot to be desired these days) but sorted now. Once you figure how to detach the top two pieces of the stem cover, easy to re-attach electrical plug & socket. twist fit bottom section of stem then refit top two pieces of cover.
The van is still covered under warranty, but currently in Lancashire Tier 3 Lockdown, I use VW Van Centre in Liverpool but they also in Tier 3 Lockdown, we are not supposed to cross the borders just now!
Cheers
Brian

Back