Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

rear wash wipe

R

ROB

VIP Member
just got van serviced today, rear washer is not working , makes the noise , £54 to repair , could it just be a blocked jet? i will check

If it's making a noise that's a good sign. Could be worth checking for a blockage :thumb

I have had them block before on other cars (we are in a hard water area) always been able to free by clearing jet hole with a pin worth a try

will check , would assume vw would of checked this before quoting £54 !
but you never know

Yes makes you wonder what the £54 is for :?:

The tube fell off mine in the rear cupboard, wet it through actaully :headbang not worked out how to get it back on so I just don't use it. Will have it repaired next service.......

Re: rear wash wipe part ordered

just cleaned the nozzle,
makes the noise , still not working
update !
i removed the nozzle , the water then fires out, so it is the nozzle , ordered a new for £5 !
so 20 mins of my time has saved me £49 ! as vw wanted £54 ouch, why cant they just be fair?

1/2 hour labour for 49 pounds sounds about right. It's in line with the rip offs from other mechanics. Always worth doing something yourself if you can. Given what you have to earn before tax to pay 100 pounds per hour it's well worth it.

Right now I'm learning how to do brakes on my BMW X3. Savings for fitting new pads, rotors, sensors and handbrake shoes all round are roughly 700 pounds and will take me about 5 hours as I'm new to it and using youtube guides. Going alright so far (fingers crossed)

good luck , that is well beyond my capability !

Brakes all done and it was nice to have the satisfaction of doing it myself (and saved a lot of money). Disc and pad replacement is not a difficult job at all. It's a little time consuming but just needs a good 1/2" socket set, one or two other tools, some sturdy supports, a bit of copper grease and a youtube video of the process. I got myself a mechanic's creeper which makes things much comfier. Good lighting is also important. For hard to see parts I often poke my iPhone in and take a pic.

Having another car handy is a good idea in case anything is needed from Halfords. It's a nice job to do with a mate.

Back