Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Headlight washer not working

SunnyDays

SunnyDays

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
HI

Just failed MOT (for first time in 7 years) but on the oddest thing. Evidently my headlight washers weren't working properly.
I didn't even know I had them !! Evidently they pop out every now and then and give the headlights a quick jet of screen wash.
The MOT chap said they popped out but no jet of screenwash. Has anyone any ideas what I might look at to get them working?
I have been told that they pop out under the pressure of the jet wash itself which if true would suggest that the pump and liquid is getting through.
Do I have to take the front valence off? If so is this a reasonably easy thing to do (ie without too much risk of breaking something) Has anyone seen a walkthrough of this process?
Many thanks for any help on this.
Steve

It should only be a fail if you have HID or LED headlamps.

I think they pop out under water pressure, if you have enough pressure to make them pop out chances are that its just the nozzle at the end blocked, I find either a very fine sewing needle or a single strand from a multicore cable pushed in with a pair of pliers usually unblocks windscreen washers so should work on these.