Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear wash wipe tube routing?

S

sdes

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
On our still pretty new to us but 2007 California, we have a special feature in the rear cupboard.

Any cloths etc stored in it get soaked in screen wash if you try to use the rear wash wipe - not a feature we like.

Its easy to see half the problem, the tube coming through the rubber flexible guide from the tailgate terminates in a little white junction adapter which should obviously be connected to the feed hose - wherever that is.

I have tried to see the 'feed' end using mirrors etc, and its obviously at a high level because the screen wash squirts from somewhere up just below the bed level. But where does it go? I have the PDF of the manual for the California, but it doesn't mention wash wipe tube routing.

Does anyone know
a) where the tube routing goes?
b) is it the same routing as a 'normal' T5, or is the California 'special'
c) what I need to remove to get to the tube.

Many Thanks

Stephen

Hi Stephan,

Maybe this link can be of any help for you.
It's in German, but the pictures are clear enough and Google Translate is your friend.
Don't know if your Cali has the same layout as the continental models, of cours.

http://www.caliboard.de/showthread.php? ... ke+raus%3F

So, hopefully, no need to remove the cupboard. You just have to cut some plastic in the rear cupboard.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Stephan,

I found this one too. Of course, your Cali may differ from this scheme.
Don' t know what the numbers mean, but the construction is more or less clear. You have to find the white plastic connector (which problably has gone disconnected).

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

http://www.caliboard.de/attachment.php? ... 1354979638

Many thanks for the links - it looks as if they won't work until I register (in German) to be a member of the site. I will try again shortly and see if Google translate can indeed be my friend.

Cutting plastic away to get to the pipe doesn't sound that great either though! Removal might do less damage perhaps but take longer.

Stephen

Stephen,

Here some pictures.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Lekkage sproeier achterklep.jpg Lekkage sproeier achterklep 2.jpg Schema sproeier achterklep.jpeg

Back