Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommended 5* Campsites

Here's a few from a google search. Not sure of opening dates etc.

not been to chateaux des marais before, will let you know what it's like when we get back at end of September.

I went to chateau des marais a few weeks ago, my first experience of a French campsite and I couldn't fault it. Friendly staff, good size pitches and brilliant amenities. We had the most basic pitch but I saw people with their own shower and toilet, which was great because it meant the shared facilities were barely used. It's quite the drive from disneyland if you had a day trip in mind.

Thanks for the info, sound good, how warm were the pools? I was thinking of doing two days in Disney and staying over in the car park on the first night

Camping Grubhof nr Lofer Austria.
Amazing facilities best bathrooms ever, perfect location Lofer village has an amazing outdoor swimming pool.

In September we have booked a pitch with own sanitary block which also includes own washing up area, a fridge, loungers and picnic bench at CAMPING LES CRIQUES DE PORTEILS near Argeles Sur Mere. Can update once we have been there.
we stayed here last year and it does have good shared facilities but we didn't see what you have booked

Has anyone any recommended 5* campsites that take campervans that have on pitch, en-suite facilities , open all-year or until late autumn, in England/Wales.
Similar to Cowpots Camping , West Wales.
I have been meaning to say a massive 'thank you' to @WelshGas and many others. especially 'superposters', on this forum. Without it we would have been lost, with it, all your advice, we love our Cali which we have had for a few years now, getting used to it after the covid thingy. The weekly forum email is my favourite 'comic' and I look forward to it popping into my inbox every weekend. I read everything because I find out things I didn't know I needed to know. This particular post has prompted me to say, 'Thank you, WelshGas' I never knew these amazing campsites existed. Need to to try Cowpots next year. and others. NOW I need to investigate solar! Is it complicated? How much does it cost? But actually, if we turn off fridge and use icepacks, re their freezer facility, how long can we keep lights on? Thanks again.

Thanks. Found that site but many of the sites are more into providing their own accommodation with en-suite or are seasonal.
Try “camping Mas de rey” about 3 miles from Uzes in Provence, France. Small quiet site, private facilities for camper vans ( but not in July or august ) with wonderful peaceful pools - we went late June 2023 quite a few bugs, very few children, Uzes very authentic and lovely

Any UK recommendations as original post.
Morning WG this one is a bit regimental but very nice all the same.

Another is this. One but dont be put of by the front page the Turing bit is further on in the site its at Burton Bradstock, short walk along the riverbank to the pub great food, short walk to the beach also adjacent farm has a marvellous restaurant.

Morning WG this one is a bit regimental but very nice all the same.

Another is this. One but dont be put of by the front page the Turing bit is further on in the site its at Burton Bradstock, short walk along the riverbank to the pub great food, short walk to the beach also adjacent farm has a marvellous restaurant.
Welshgas is after sites with private en-suite bathrooms, don't think these sites do, at least they didn't when we stayed.

In September we have booked a pitch with own sanitary block which also includes own washing up area, a fridge, loungers and picnic bench at CAMPING LES CRIQUES DE PORTEILS near Argeles Sur Mere. Can update once we have been there.
Just walked past this campsite on the way to a lovely beach. It looks great and has its own private access to some rocky coves not available to public, great for snorkelling. Hope you have a good time!

A077CA0E-0B2F-46E7-9E75-6FBE96328432.jpeg

Back