Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Registrations on hold........buy used?

C

C&R Sussex

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi everyone
As we have said in other threads we decided not to proceed with the purchase of the red 150DSG Ocean which has been sitting at the dealership since the beginning of December.
After a search of this site, autotrader, and Ebay ( phoning VW dealers was a waste of time no one called back)
we found and have now purchased a 2015 180DSG 4motion in Blackberry.
The engine is a euro 5 and not a euro 6 but is that a good or a bad thing? You could probably debate for hours.
Is this the right way to go? We think it is as we have bought a known vehicle rather than wait for one whose performance is still to be decided and over which we have no influence.
We have also saved a considerable amount on the price which is also significant when you are retired.
Incidentally it looks great on the drive!

Hi everyone
As we have said in other threads we decided not to proceed with the purchase of the red 150DSG Ocean which has been sitting at the dealership since the beginning of December.
After a search of this site, autotrader, and Ebay ( phoning VW dealers was a waste of time no one called back)
we found and have now purchased a 2015 180DSG 4motion in Blackberry.
The engine is a euro 5 and not a euro 6 but is that a good or a bad thing? You could probably debate for hours.
Is this the right way to go? We think it is as we have bought a known vehicle rather than wait for one whose performance is still to be decided and over which we have no influence.
We have also saved a considerable amount on the price which is also significant when you are retired.
Incidentally it looks great on the drive!
Good Decision. You've saved lots for more Diesel and ? Channel Crossings.
Also the " Snagging " that goes with a new vehicle, and the T6 seems to have it's fair share according to postings, have all been done and are well known. Have fun, enjoy and " USE" it, not " Store " it if you can.

The Blackberry is a lovely colour... You've got a few months to settle in to it before Summer comes, so I'd say you've done the right thing.

Personally wouldn't worry about Euro5/6, at least you haven't got to worry about AdBlue!

You can have fun immediately rather than waiting and I had this dilemma when I purchased 2 years ago, wait for the T6 or go for my T5. I went wth the T5 and haven't regretted it at all, I havent even really had much depreciation.

Euro 6 does have the same levels of co2 as euro 5(a) interestingly but the addition of the Adblu stuff is what brings the NOx down really, everything else emissions wise is the same. Euro 5 is a lot cleaner than anything before it anyway but Euro 6 is another leap on the nox.

Standard Date Introduced CO NOx PM
Euro 5a September 2009 0.50 0.180 0.005
Euro 6 September 2014 0.50 0.080 0.005

Great decision perfect vehicle to purchase. I’ve got the same and just love it.
Good luck and enjoy it

Buying second hand allows you to get out and use it rather than waiting for vw sort themselves out and the money saved could buy lots of extras if you need them.

An excellent decision.

I will look out for it .... :)

If you want any help finding your way around in it then I must be reasonably local to you.

Result, sounds like a belter. Crack on and enjoy it now without all the uncertainty and worry.
:bananadance2:upsidedown:pinkbanana

Welcome and what a great choice for retirement. That great minds think alike surely bodes well.

We have a Blackberry 180 DSG and are delighted with it - last year from the northernmost tip of Shetland to Spain. Brilliant.

Be prepared for California envy. Random people will walk up and ask to see the vehicle and many will admire the colour. A neighbour rubber necks every time he drives by.

Cruising at 70 mph leaves bags of power for the - yes illegal - rapid overtake to get clear of things on the big roads. Love the sense of control and superb vision.

I thought carefully about the difference between T5 and T6. Add Blue is a nasty liquid to handle. The apparatus allegedly adds nearly 150kg in weight and provides more opportunity for things to go wrong. There are figures out there which cast doubt on all emission output evidence. So, I went for a Euro 5 and am delighted with both performance and economy.

The leisure batteries seem to recharge really quickly. Friends in Wellhouse conversion were struggling with not having enough power for lighting after only a day when camping with us. Everything about the Cali has been carefully thought through, reflected in both price and quality of experience when using it.

Can't wait for the next trip.
Happy, and safe, adventures.

Looks like I’ve saved loads of cash too, would have changed this year but no new vans to buy! :D

Congratulations on your purchase, enjoy! :thumb

An excellent decision.

I will look out for it .... :)

If you want any help finding your way around in it then I must be reasonably local to you.
Thank you for your kind offer but we have had a California before.
Our previous one was one of the first from the "new" factory and to be honest we are surprised at how little has changed!

All the best
Chris and Rachel

Back