Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Removal of seat bag inside tailgate

C

caliharry

VIP Member
trying to replace rear number plate light complete assembly first problem removal of seat bag? inside rear door?then hopefully access gained to 4 bolts holdig complete assembly?

I’d be interested to know how this comes out too. Looking to resolve an annoying squeak in this area.

I've had mine out to get to a parking ding. It was a real battle for someone who has done it several times. Unfortunately I can't give much detail as I couldn't assist due to social distancing.
Perhaps you only need to loosen it for your task, as it's a faf of a job, particularly getting it back in.
The 'experienced hand' is in Matlock if you end up needing to pay someone.

I’d be interested to know how this comes out too. Looking to resolve an annoying squeak in this area.
Hi Stuarty, This is A Pig of a job you have to destroy most of the plastic fixings in order to remove them and there are at least 12 of them plus 2 grey ones holding the panel when you finally reach them I managed to find to find replacements on that well known channel that begins with the letter "E" it is a two person job to remove the large panel that holds the rear window blind etc this is another example of VW poor design what planet do these people inhabit not the easy access one I am sure all this to change a bulb! when finally got to the number plate housing the fault lay again was poor design the wire that connects to the bulb had been pushed inside by the very act of changing the bulb thus needing to strip half the car apart to gain access to number plate housing complete another gold medal to VW for rubbish design

Back