Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Removing dash fuse box

reserves

reserves

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Does anyone know how to remove the fuse box that's below the pull out cup holders?

Looks like this (that's not my hand)

T52011keyinfuse.jpg

Try to unscrew some torx seen on the foto , see whats below...
Why do you need to get behind it....
Don't want to mess things up there...

Try to unscrew some torx seen on the foto , see whats below...
Why do you need to get behind it....
Don't want to mess things up there...

Want a clean way to get a switched (ignition) live, the only way to do it neatly is to take a feed from the back of the fusebox it seems

The feed to the electric window (which is switched to ignition) on the passenger side is easy to access via the panel at the far end of the dashboard (the triangular panel piece with the air bag disabler just prises off without needing any tools to reveal the wiring behind). If you don't need much power, this is much easier to tap into than the labyrinth that lies behind the fuse box.

The feed to the electric window (which is switched to ignition) on the passenger side is easy to access via the panel at the far end of the dashboard (the triangular panel piece with the air bag disabler just prises off without needing any tools to reveal the wiring behind). If you don't need much power, this is much easier to tap into than the labyrinth that lies behind the fuse box.

Thanks, I'll check this panel!

I won't be using it for power, it's for a tracker, it just tells the tracker the ignition is on, there is another permanent live for the tracker (which I might take from the cigarette lighter)

Hi,

I've been asking this question in another thread, but haven't been successful sofar.

I've a 2006 T5 LHD.
In the middle it has the ashtray with the two cupholders.
Underneath that there is a large bottle holder.mone that sort of folds out.
Behind that is a fuse box that I need to access.

How do I take out the ashtray unit, and how do I take out the large bottle holder?

I've been looking and looking but don't find a way.

Thanks

Hi,

I've been asking this question in another thread, but haven't been successful sofar.

I've a 2006 T5 LHD.
In the middle it has the ashtray with the two cupholders.
Underneath that there is a large bottle holder.mone that sort of folds out.
Behind that is a fuse box that I need to access.

How do I take out the ashtray unit, and how do I take out the large bottle holder?

I've been looking and looking but don't find a way.

Thanks

Chris , been adding pics in you'r other post....

Btw , this post is regarding something diffrent , he wants to,get acces BEHIND the fusebord to add connections....
Best to leave that alone if where you;)

Back