Removing kitchen drawers

Soton Campers

Soton Campers

Southampton Campers
VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have a leak coming from underneath the kitchen tap on a 600. To access all the fittings, I need to remove the kitchen drawer. The underneath of the drawer looks like this.

I have tried squeezing the two shaped fittings on either sides of the draw runners but no luck. There must be something obvious I'm missing but for the life of me I cannot get the drawer to release.

Has anyone done this in the past? Any ideas?

Thanks

20230516_095925.jpg

You are going the right thing … squeeze the two grey levers outwards towards the edge of the drawer this will pop the drawer front up - what’s left is a tight friction fit of the metal runner in its catch, which will come loose if you lift the drawer, the grey catches dont push it quite far enough and its very tight. If its been removed before there is a good chance the runners are no longer well secured to the cabinet and any movement of the runner relative to the cabinet will work against your efforts to remove the drawer

Thank you. I think someone has been there before me! Most likely VW when they replaced the tap.

It just doesn't feel right, each of the grey levers behave differently. One is clearly on a spring mechanism and the other is seized.

A job for VW methinks!

Back