Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Removing the kenwood dnx521

DoubleWah

DoubleWah

VIP Member
Does anyone know how to remove and replace the Kenwood DNX521DAB? I'm getting an iPod cable for it and it needs to be plugged into the back, but I can't figure out how the unit is removed from the dashboard. Seems entirely mysterious, but the dealer I spoke to on the phone said it was easy.

Anyone tried to do this?

Cheers!
Si

I was expecting to see ....

............ because I'm putting the %(*£ing thing in a skip :laugh2

Hi there is a detailed step by step guide in the download section :thumb

Stu said:
I was expecting to see ....

............ because I'm putting the %(*£ing thing in a skip :laugh2

Harsh Stu lol

The new Kenwood looks to be a big improvement over the previous one I have. The main advantage of the Kenwood is features for the price.

But I know you can get the 510 at good prices if you hunt so that does negate some of that argument.

Personally not keen on the lead at the back but most seem to prefer that.

James

I'm moderately happy with it. The graphics and type design are a bit ugly and I wish it gave the text descriptions of programs like other DAB radios do (so I can work out what track I'm listening to on 6music!) But it basically does what I need it to (or will when I get the iPod lead in the back!)

Really the only major annoyance is the idiotic nag screen every time the GPS starts up. If they really cared about my safety using the unit, they wouldn't make me poke at dialog boxes after I'd started driving. Every. Single. Time. Gnrgngrh.

Si

Calikev said:
Hi there is a detailed step by step guide in the download section :thumb

Thanks! That's a really useful illustrated guide. I'd never have thought of starting with the top tray. I assume that the trim removal tool is approximately equivalent to a child's plastic camping knife... :)

S

Thanks! That's a really useful illustrated guide. I'd never have thought of starting with the top tray. I assume that the trim removal tool is approximately equivalent to a child's plastic camping knife... :)

S
Hi! I have just found your page by looking to how to remove the dnx521DAB. I cant look at the downloads section as I need to be a VIP? It would help me loads if I could view the guide as I am getting no sound from IPOD, IPHONE etc, only getting sound from the Radio... How do I become a VIP?

Hi! I have just found your page by looking to how to remove the dnx521DAB. I cant look at the downloads section as I need to be a VIP? It would help me loads if I could view the guide as I am getting no sound from IPOD, IPHONE etc, only getting sound from the Radio... How do I become a VIP?
Top of this page, R hand side - Becoming a VIP.