Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Repair patches for new lighter roof bellows interior

S

Schadenfroid

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Looking for some help from the forum gurus.

As part of our hire fleet we have a March 2023 T6.1 Cali Ocean - the one with the new off white interior to the grey roof bellows.

Someone broke the roof bed hinge, and in pulling it down broken they trapped the roof bed next to the bellows mechanism and ripped the fabric. Does anyone know of any repair fabric patches we can get that match the new lighter interior? The exterior colour is the dark grey at the top of the picture, the interior is an off white which makes any damage much more noticeable.

Thanks

IMG_0189.jpeg

Sorry for a slight thread hijack, but out of interest have any of your customers complained about water ingress on the new style bellows?

We've had I think eight of the new style bellows through now and we haven't had any complaints (and our clients do seem to like putting them through their paces!). From using both old and new personally, the double layer fabric does seem a bit more waterproof (and better able to manage heat and cold), but they also seem to be better able to handle condensation which I found to be the biggest issue with the old style.

We've had I think eight of the new style bellows through now and we haven't had any complaints (and our clients do seem to like putting them through their paces!). From using both old and new personally, the double layer fabric does seem a bit more waterproof (and better able to manage heat and cold), but they also seem to be better able to handle condensation which I found to be the biggest issue with the old style.
In the two vans we’ve had ‘07 & ‘14 never had any issues with condensation on the canvas are you meaning windows?

Just a thought - I know quite a few of these bellows have been changed by dealers now, wondering what happens to the old ones? If you have a good relationship with the dealer then maybe you could get some scrap material from one of those? Suspect they have to send them back to VW, but worth asking I guess.

Just a thought - I know quite a few of these bellows have been changed by dealers now, wondering what happens to the old ones? If you have a good relationship with the dealer then maybe you could get some scrap material from one of those? Suspect they have to send them back to VW, but worth asking I guess.
I doubt VW want them back now; maybe in the early days but I doubt they’re that bothered. I’m sure a dealer will be happy to reduce their refuse bill and could pitch the sustainability angle to get hold of a scrap one (though I understand they do get damaged during removal but should be fine for patches).

Back