Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 Ocean roof keeps lowering

Well my roof was sagging to the “intermediate position” within 2 hours on Friday. Saturday I put the roof fully up and down 5 times in a row (as suggested by someone else) and the issue appears to have totally gone away. Might be worth a try.
So... I had the same problem with my 2 week old van sagging on the offside within a few minutes of raising the top. Thought I'd give this a try.

On the 2nd lower, there was an alarming clunking noise and the mechanism juddered, after that did another 3 cycles with no strange noise and top is staying up with the lights working.

Had a bit of symmetrical roof sag last night. First time in 18 months of ownership of a new T6.1
Raised it again this morning with no issues at all and lowered it when we decamped mid morning.
Interesting that there was no auto correction as the roof had been up for >72 hours with no turning on the ignition. Not ever noticed/heard auto correction TBH.

So... I had the same problem with my 2 week old van sagging on the offside within a few minutes of raising the top. Thought I'd give this a try.

On the 2nd lower, there was an alarming clunking noise and the mechanism juddered, after that did another 3 cycles with no strange noise and top is staying up with the lights working.
And today I have sag again - went round to a friends, put the roof up and within 5 minutes had noticeably sunk on the right side to the point where display said intermediate and roof lights would not switch on. Lowered and raised a few times no change. Also had issues where the aux heater would not come on and display stuck at "please wait".

Not a happy bunny, will be contacting VW on Monday,

Has anyone noticed at the very beginning of cali Chris's new videos theres a 2 tone 6.1 in it with roof sag

Has anyone noticed at the very beginning of cali Chris's new videos theres a 2 tone 6.1 in it with roof sag
Do you mean the green/white 6.1 in the opening sequence of his videos @flying banana ?
If so, I reckon it may be an optical illusion because the panoramic front window is fully opened?

Well spotted. California Chris should do a video explaining why it’s like that. Bet he doesn’t though

Yet another problem with my new T6.1 - I'm in Switzerland and I've noticed that the roof lowers after 6/7 hours, the bellows fold in where they are supposed to for lowering. When you pull the bed down it rubs against the bellows. I know the roof 'adjusts' itself after 10 hours but it should then reset itself. This just seems like the roof is just slowly sinking...... Luckily when I pressed the open button it did return to fully open last night, however it has 'sunk' again this morning . Also, when I lower or raise the bed itself it makes a real 'groaning' noise, like the hinge needs oiling, presume this is a seperate issue and just a coincidence - just like the auxiliary heater not working, the drivers door not shutting properly, the level indicator for the grey water not working etc etc etc.....

Anyway, just wondered if anyone else had this problem with the roof, it does seem to lower the same on both sides, ie it is not just one side dropping. ( I just hope it closes when I try later this morning !!)
My California is only 6 weeks old and yes it's doing the same thing. The build quality seems awful. I have loads of problems with mine including the roof bellows not being properly attached to the roof in one corner. I won't bore you with the rest. Mine hasn't automatically reset itself by the way.

My California is only 6 weeks old and yes it's doing the same thing. The build quality seems awful. I have loads of problems with mine including the roof bellows not being properly attached to the roof in one corner. I won't bore you with the rest. Mine hasn't automatically reset itself by the way.
There's a TPI for the sag. I might have seen one for the bellows detachment too -- can't quite remember.

I fixed my bed base groan by smearing a minimal amount of silicon lubricant on a tissue along the entire length of the metal piston. Problem solved.