Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Repair to wardrobe, scratched surface

C

Cali+bike2

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all,
The wood effect surface on our rear wardrobe has got scratched, not very big but you can see the white plastic beneath and I'd really like it repaired.
There's 2 areas each about 5 x 5 mm. Has anyone had their's repaired and how / who. Ideally in or near Essex.

Not sure about repairing, I would get a sticker and cover it. Your soon forget about it.
To be honest, it will be the first of many. That’s what I love about my 5 year old van, it now has character ;)

There was someone recent who did some DIY repair with toutch up paint to camouflage a damage in the rear overhead locker .
He did a good job himself.
Don't think i would let anyone else do this , you might end up with even worse....

Try this.

Take a close up photo of the wood and print it out. Then select a matching area and stick it over the damage. If you tear the selected area carefully it will blend in better.

You will probably need to play about with the colours/white balance a bit.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I know I'm being over protective but want the van to continue to look good. I'll try the Humbro paint option with a bit of filler to start with. Thanks for the link mccp, good to get the pot numbers.
If that fails, I see in the shop section there's a handy storage pack that fits exactly where the marks are so that would be the next step. Gain 2 extra storage pockets, so every cloud......
I'll do some before and after pics once I've been to Hobycraft.

Reactions: Sad
Back