Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement Battery for 2012 T5.1 California

• Thread starter cpjb@btinternet.com
  • Start date
cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
After 10 years it seems the engine battery has had it! The current battery is a Varta 5 K0 915 105J 85ah (non stop-start type). When I enter the product code on the Varta website it throws up the Varta F19 as the equivalent. However, when I enter the registration on the Tanya website it throws up the Varta F18. The Varta F19 seems to be more comparable dimension wise with the current battery, whereas the F18 seems to be a little smaller.

Before I press the buy button, I just wondered whether anyone has any direct experience with fitting either the F18 or F19? Thanks.

After 10 years it seems the engine battery has had it! The current battery is a Varta 5 K0 915 105J 85ah (non stop-start type). When I enter the product code on the Varta website it throws up the Varta F19 as the equivalent. However, when I enter the registration on the Tanya website it throws up the Varta F18. The Varta F19 seems to be more comparable dimension wise with the current battery, whereas the F18 seems to be a little smaller.

Before I press the buy button, I just wondered whether anyone has any direct experience with fitting either the F18 or F19? Thanks.
Hi I replaced my battery in 2021 it was the original VW battery in a 2010 T5.1 SE and I bought and fitted the F18 Varta Silver Dynamic and it was pretty much a like for like fit size wise

Hi I replaced my battery in 2021 it was the original VW battery in a 2010 T5.1 SE and I bought and fitted the F18 Varta Silver Dynamic and it was pretty much a like for like fit size wise
Likewise. 2012 Cali SE changed in April 22 - same battery as above through Tayna.

Well that settles it then - it's the F18 for me. Many thanks for your responses - most helpful.

Back