Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement Internal Trim (B Pillar?) Pieces

CampingHulk

CampingHulk

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Good afternoon all.

So, my first post and here goes.

Earlier this year myself and my fiancee purchased a 2016 VW California Ocean and we love it! No problems there at all.

However, upon getting it home the following days and weeks it seemed that the trim which houses the Seat Belt Mechanism, Night Heater Vent and the running track for the sliding door window blind didn't seem to be on right somehow.

The track in which the blind runs ups and down never aligned with the recess of the plastic b pillar covers.

Today, the little plastic trim piece which I assume should clip on came off.

It seems that parts of the plastic have given up. (Pictures attached to better make sense of my incoherent issues).

Is anyone able to advise any part numbers / proper names etc etc.

Many thanks.

IMG_3872.JPG

IMG_3873.JPG

IMG_3874.JPG

IMG_3875.JPG

Looks like item 10.

there were some on ebay when I was looking for something else yesterday - search for vw California pillar

Any good?
eBay item number:114809984360

Looks like item 10.
Thanks for your help on this Arun.

I've found some codes and am about to do a Google and see what comes up.

Oops - sorry I saw vent in the words & didn't look at the picture.

Ive had a piece of trim from Partshaus previously - their details are on this item -eBay item number:174638821838. worth an email & they can probably supply it, they will need your Vin number to confirm the right part.

There are now quite a few versions of the trim, just for an Ocean there are at least 2 different greys & then there's either one or two vent outlets and now some without the alarm button so you need to be careful!

Last edited:
there were some on ebay when I was looking for something else yesterday - search for vw California pillar
Oops - sorry I saw vent in the words & didn't look at the picture.

Ive had a piece of trim from Partshaus previously - their details are on this item - worth an email & they can probably supply it.

There are now quite a few versions of the trim, just for an Ocean I think there are 2 different greys & then there's either one or two vent outlets and now some without the alarm button so you need to be careful!
Really?! Jeez!!!

Nowt like making things difficult hey? Good old German design at it's most extravagant - they changed the shade of grey! :-D

Thanks again Andy!

@CampingHulk Ive just ammended the post to include a link to PartsHaus
eBay item number:174638821838

andyinluton as you seem quite handy (certainly with knowing what the hell stuff is called for a start :)-D) I'm wondering if you could advise as to what the Toolbox thumb screws would be called?
Toolbox thumb screws?

I found that they're missing yesterday too.

I would call it a knurled head thumb screw - I cant check the size as the boot is fully loaded but something like this if its the right diameter would do. eBay item number:302244750931

andyinluton as you seem quite handy (certainly with knowing what the hell stuff is called for a start :)-D) I'm wondering if you could advise as to what the Toolbox thumb screws would be called?
Toolbox thumb screws?

Knurled nut
VAG 7H7 067 411

Thanks again Andy
I would call it a knurled head thumb screw - I cant check the size as the boot is fully loaded but something like this if its the right diameter would do. eBay item number:302244750931
Thanks Andy

Toolbox thumb screws?

Item 3
1621589835467.png

Good afternoon all.

So, my first post and here goes.

Earlier this year myself and my fiancee purchased a 2016 VW California Ocean and we love it! No problems there at all.

However, upon getting it home the following days and weeks it seemed that the trim which houses the Seat Belt Mechanism, Night Heater Vent and the running track for the sliding door window blind didn't seem to be on right somehow.

The track in which the blind runs ups and down never aligned with the recess of the plastic b pillar covers.

Today, the little plastic trim piece which I assume should clip on came off.

It seems that parts of the plastic have given up. (Pictures attached to better make sense of my incoherent issues).

Is anyone able to advise any part numbers / proper names etc etc.

Many thanks.

View attachment 78757

View attachment 78758

View attachment 78759

View attachment 78760
I may have miss read, but why do you want to replace that piece of trim.
I would have a look at packing out the blind slider so that it is central and just glue the U trim back on. Until the Blind channel is sorted any new or old U trim will just get knocked off.

I may have miss read, but why do you want to replace that piece of trim.
I would have a look at packing out the blind slider so that it is central and just glue the U trim back on. Until the Blind channel is sorted any new or old U trim will just get knocked off.
It is a very good and valid point and something id actually considered / may still feel do.

I suppose it what initially 'testing the water' to see just how available things like these parts are and at what cost. I know for what will be x2 bits of bl**dy plastic they'll be extortionate due to the VW tax.

I was just having one of them days yesterday when I was doing my bits to get set for our maiden trip in it and I was discovering all these little niggles that would / will annoy the p*ss out of me.

What would you suggest using to "pack out" the blind runner?

It is a very good and valid point and something id actually considered / may still feel do.

I suppose it what initially 'testing the water' to see just how available things like these parts are and at what cost. I know for what will be x2 bits of bl**dy plastic they'll be extortionate due to the VW tax.

I was just having one of them days yesterday when I was doing my bits to get set for our maiden trip in it and I was discovering all these little niggles that would / will annoy the p*ss out of me.

What would you suggest using to "pack out" the blind runner?
The misalignment seems to start midway down the upper B pillar trim. So I would consider removing the upper section to see why the blind channel isn’t lined up. I’m not sure how it is connected or held in place but I’m sure it will be obvious once examined.

Back