Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which trim/options for best resale value in 2 years?

inot

inot

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello everyone,

TLDR: I am about to order a Cali, but will be leaving the country in a bit under 3 years. What trim and options are the best for resale, or depreciate the least?

I'm living in the UK for work for the next few years (leave summer 2024) and want to put in an order for a California and take my wife and 3 kids everywhere. I have a couple questions that I couldn't find easy answers to, and I'm grateful for any advice:

1. Which trim will depreciate the least? I'm leaning toward Ocean
  2. Which color will depreciate the least? I really like the blue/white two tone, but I am doubtful the demand for it will justify the cost at selling time.
  3. Which options are best for resale?

This is my first VW, and I'm surprised at how many options aren't standard and how quickly the price jumps up. I have spec'd the Coast and Ocean and the price is only £6k different.

• Coast: (NMWR6SL9 / £70,775)
  • Ocean (N8W8ZOOV / £76,775)

Major options I added to the Coast (also added to Ocean if not standard):
  • Candy White/Bay Leaf Green Metallic
  • 1 swivel seat (bar minimum number of passengers is 5, I'd prefer 7+)
  • Discover Media Pro (I read somewhere sat nav helps resale, plus interested in wireless charging, and assuming this is audio quality upgrade as well)
  • Digital Cockpit & Driver Alert System
  • Trailer Assist w/ sensors, rear camera & side protection
  • Towbar
  • 80L Fuel tank (recommended by this forum)
  • Power sliding door
  • Wooden floor (recommended on this forum by Jen?)
  • Sliding window w/ fly screen (went to Scotland during midge season... the horror)
  • Dark tinted glass
  • Panorama canvas window (recommended)
  • TPMS
  • ArtVelours seats
  • Heated seats
  • Mudflaps (recommended)
Is there any major upgrade that is worth the price considering it will be sold in 2 years (or less, based on how long it takes to be built)? 4wd? 200bhp engine? All the driving assist stuff (wow that stuff is overpriced).

Really happy to have anyone's opinion or data points on this.

Thanks in advance,

inot

Back