Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacing Cali sink tap

G

goldsmithatbl

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hello to all and thanks for a great Forum. I have cleaned the microswitch on the sink tap (on 2010 Cali T5) several times. The last time the tap became unreliable, I decided to buy a replacement tap. I cannot find any advice or video with tips on how to unscrew the existing tap and tighten the securing nut on the new. I can cope with the electrical connections. Any tips or advice would be welcomed!

Hello to all and thanks for a great Forum. I have cleaned the microswitch on the sink tap (on 2010 Cali T5) several times. The last time the tap became unreliable, I decided to buy a replacement tap. I cannot find any advice or video with tips on how to unscrew the existing tap and tighten the securing nut on the new. I can cope with the electrical connections. Any tips or advice would be welcomed!
It's simple, but awkward. Just undo the supply pipe and nut, under the sink, on the tap.
Same tap in this video but easier to see.

Thanks very much Welsh Gas. Unfortunately in the Cali, there is so little room behind the sink to grip the locking nut for the new tap, that even my small hands struggle! I'll give it another try!

Thanks very much Welsh Gas. Unfortunately in the Cali, there is so little room behind the sink to grip the locking nut for the new tap, that even my small hands struggle! I'll give it another try!
That's the only way I'm afraid. Take out the cutlery draw and shelves, lie on back, long nosed pliers to loosen.

Its awkward, but simple.

Helps if you have a double jointed back and three hands.

Ok thanks; nothing that a few hours on the rack won't solve! I'm 5ft 4ins so how do 6ft plus manage with hands to match? All back together and pumping water EVERY time I turn the tap. Roll on freedom to wander!