Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sink tap

Ewan

Ewan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
The hinged tap has become detached and I can't work out how to fit it back on. Any ideas please ? We had some dirty dishes in the sink (!) and I think they've somehow dislodged the tap.

It should just push back on, gotta be firm with it.

Hi Bernd, that's what I thought initially but it doesn't clip back in and there's no sign of anything broken. Don't know if there's a rubber seal missing ?? Has anyone else had this problem ?

The sink tap is a ridiculous piece of design and one of the Cali's weak links.
You're quite right: it appears to clip back on but doesn't.
It is easily fixed however by using any of the modern plastic glues that give you 15 secs wiggle time before they harden up.
Apply to both surfaces then shove them together and leave. In cold weather this might mean 24 hours.
In summer continental weather about an hour.

I know of a half dozen instances of failure fixed by glue.

Good luck!

I had a problem with the tap on my t5 conversion it was a smev tap that froze and popped the spout out
That did have an o ring and pushed straight back in a lesson learned drain down in severe weather.
Can't comment on the Cali tap as mine's fine.

Thanks all. I think I'll take Barry's advice and use some superglue. Cheers.

Hi Ewan - ours came off and Preston Van Centre - suppliers of the van to us new - replaced under warranty without quibble.

Tap fell apart again last week, and getting warranty fixes is such a pain for small stuff. Ordered a new on and swapped it out it out on Sunday -30 mins all in. Looks like the issue along along was it hand not been put together correctly and much easier to fix off the Van.

So now have a spare! £35+Vat from VW but note it's made by Reimo, used in the later T4 Wesfalia's and cheaper that way!