Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacing side sliding windows

Really good point about re sale value. We are definitely going to try the plastic pipe plumbing route first. I have messaged the person who posted pictures for a tiny bit more info. Size of plastic pipe used. I presume the drilling part is to drill through the drain underneath that’s faulty. Not sure. We will probably use a plastic bottle to catch the water at first before channeling into waste pipe.

We also have the additional annnoyance of our window rubber seal has separated at the top. Could be why water is breaching the window in the first place. So I am also trying to find out if I can glue it back together and what adhesive to use. That being said I’m not sure there is much stretch in it now. Another annoying problem that vw don’t sell the rubber separately . I have seen a post on here of someone using square 8mm rubber foam and creating a new seal. Will give that a go as well.

Thanks for your replies
Thanks for your update! Would be interested to hear if you get any extra back in terms of size of pipe but also the small grommet they used on the waste pipe; does look like quite a tidy job!

I've still got my side window taped up for now, might look at a replacement before drilling but pretty undecided for now. Happy with a dry van for now! Thanks again :)

Thanks for your update! Would be interested to hear if you get any extra back in terms of size of pipe but also the small grommet they used on the waste pipe; does look like quite a tidy job!

I've still got my side window taped up for now, might look at a replacement before drilling but pretty undecided for now. Happy with a dry van for now! Thanks again :)
Will update if I get any more info . Yep I forgot to ask about grommet