Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
As I am sure you will all appreciate it is impossible for the admin and moderators to monitor every post on the forum so we do rely on members to report inappropriate content to us.

This can easily be done via clicking the 'REPORT' button within a post, you will also need to give a reason for your report. This will then notify all moderators who can then take action.

Examples of posts to report:
  • Commercial Spam from non Trade Partners
  • Sexual or inappropriate comments
  • Hate speech, threats
  • Scams, phishing or fraud
  • Bullying or Harassment
  • Overtly Religious or Political posts
The reason for posting is this is we have seen a rise in complaints over the past few months and want to try and keep on top of this and get this back to friendly forum again.

Thanks

On behalf or Admin & Moderator Team

As I am sure you will all appreciate it is impossible for the admin and moderators to monitor every post on the forum so we do rely on members to report inappropriate content to us.

This can easily be done via clicking the 'REPORT' button within a post, you will also need to give a reason for your report. This will then notify all moderators who can then take action.

• Hate speech, threats
  • Bullying or Harassment
The reason for posting is this is we have seen a rise in complaints over the past few months and want to try and keep on top of this and get this back to friendly forum again.

Thanks

:agreed:thumb

ooooh. I am so offended

And there I was thinking the forums ‘wild west days’ were a thing of the past....

• Hate speech, threats
  • Bullying or Harassment

Thanks

Would like to raise attention to the detail in this post once again.
If anyone feels posts / individuals are not posting within the guidelines then please report it.
Thank you.

what about ones promoting potentially illegal, and certainly socially undesirable, as "ignoring lockdown rules"?

what about ones promoting potentially illegal, and certainly socially undesirable, as "ignoring lockdown rules"?

What about posts promoting speeding or evidence of ignoring speed limits?

I think that policing such matters by deleting those posts is beyond the scope of the forum administrators.

I think that policing such matters by deleting those posts is beyond the scope of the forum administrators.

I'm not too sure I agree Tom.

We had a thread halted because of inference of alleged racism and yet allow threads promoting some illegalities. Where is the line drawn?

I will also say that when I had an influence over such things I adhered to the Facebook defence of "we are a platform, not a publisher" but I do think that some responsibility needs to be applied.

In my defence of blatant hypocrisy I would also say that if a member complained about an illegal activity being promoted, such as speeding, I would delete the posts. We are talking about what's reported here, well within moderators to take a view, unlike passing comments in conversations which would be almost impossible to moderate on a platform as busy as this.

Like the poster looking for some advice / sympathy having had their Cali damaged by a customer who rented it over the Easter w/end? Don’t deserve the bandwidth.

I don't recall anyone actually being silly enough to post photos of a speedo doing a speed in excess of the limit, but there have been quite a few photos of people blatantly ignoring lockdown rules.

I don't recall anyone actually being silly enough to post photos of a speedo doing a speed in excess of the limit, but there have been quite a few photos of people blatantly ignoring lockdown rules.

and posts boasting of blatantly ignoring them.

I would’ve thought the owners of the site via the moderators can delete whatever the feel is inappropriate for the forum. There has been a bit of nonsense over the last 12 months :Iamsorry

Who on here, apart from Tom (obviously), can say they have never broken a speed limit? What I can say is that, even having driven fast cars and even faster motorbikes all my grownup* life, I have never had a speeding ticket.

*growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

I have tempted fate now, haven’t I? Bring it on, I prefer good fight.

Who on here, apart from Tom (obviously), can say they have never broken a speed limit? What I can say is that, even having driven fast cars and even faster motorbikes all my grownup* life, I have never had a speeding ticket.

*growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

I have tempted fate now, haven’t I? Bring it on, I prefer good fight.

Goodness, I had a collection once, coast to coast, the man in Hastings Nebraska could not understand when, after giving me a citation, I wanted to hug him for completing my coast to coast collection.

However a big difference to posting on a forum "I'm off out to break the law. tonight".

I had better shut up. It's about what is reported as objectionable, not what goes past in conversation. Just pointing out a quandary I had elsewhere earlier on this week about someone boasting about ignoring lockdown and someone insisting the post was taken down for reasons of promoting illegality and antisocial behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.