Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Research over, deed done, we are now proud Cali owners ....

GordonH

GordonH

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
42650780-EADD-4645-BD5D-22D28E84CC58.jpeg Hi Folks,

After following all the various threads, thumbing through an endless array of campervan magazines, two test drives, lots of time on the configurator, talking to my local dealer then finally visiting the Motorhome show, we’ve taken the plunge and bought a pre-reg nicely spec’d Ocean from Listers Coventry (along it would appear with 3 other folk all also on this forum as they had 4 Calis of identical spec)

Couldn’t be more chuffed and looking forward to enjoying the Cali.

First minor outing on the day was down the garden and a cup of coffee :)

She is called Fizzy, after one of the articles that I read while on my research that struck a cord and spurred me on to stop dreaming and start doing.

“Life .....you’ve got to drink it while it’s still fizzy”

Lovely - it looks like it is a two-tone one, is that right?

Those wheels are lovely too but I do worry about not having a spare (besides the crazy cost!!)

Have you got a trip planned?

Well congratulations!

You do look very comfortable and fizzy is beautiful!

Yes, two tone black/grey and yes, no spare is a bit of a worry, but then again I’ve not had a spare wheel in my cars for some years without hiccups. Always a first time I guess . At least we can make a cup of tea if the foam stuff fails to get us limping home and we end up waiting to be rescued.

No trip planned yet, lots of activity to kit Fizzy out, then we thought we would just jump in and drive.

.. and thank-you Granny Jen.

Yayyyy so that's where the other "brother/sister" went !
Congratulations and enjoy it - I'm one of the others who bought the identical Cali from Coventry, it was difficult to resist :thumb:)

Yes, I beleive Coventry VW had 4 identically speccd Calis. Hope to see you on the road at some point.

Welcome
Great colour choice, I wish it had been available when we ordered ours.

Love the name and the reason behind it.
I'll take the message on board once I've finished the decorating, cutting the grass and sweeping up the leaves, deciding who's the cheapest energy supplier, and worrying about Brexit!

Nice big grin on your face Gordon :D - good times ahead me thinks, enjoy
I also picked up one "Fizzy's" brothers / sisters, so along with Bill that's 3 of us who have owned up just need to track down No 4 now !!!
:cheers

I'll own to being No 5 - bought a white Cali 204DSG two weeks ago from Listers. Saw the very nice black/grey one in the show room.

Nice big grin on your face Gordon :D - good times ahead me thinks, enjoy
I also picked up one "Fizzy's" brothers / sisters, so along with Bill that's 3 of us who have owned up just need to track down No 4 now !!!
:cheers
Wonder if its us? My husband and I have been to Listers Coventry quite a few times recently, took some pics of the two tone in the showroom - we pick our Indium Grey California later this week - scary (££££) but exciting, happy travels everyone.

Wonder if its us? My husband and I have been to Listers Coventry quite a few times recently, took some pics of the two tone in the showroom - we pick our Indium Grey California later this week - scary (££££) but exciting, happy travels everyone.

They've done well out of us in Coventry ! That 2 Tone in the showroom has had many members here sitting in it and, like you, after that experience, was tempted to go for it and pick mine up first week in Dec when I get back from my hols
I hope you have great memory making times in yours :)

Not sure if we have your "sister" or a cousin...we bought the mojave Ocean from Listers Coventry...

We looked at the two tone: however "Minky" had just arrived with the transportation protection on and we went for her as we liked the "warm silver" colour and overall spec.

I think these vans were Win Wins:)

Anybody going to the club meet on Sat? Would be good for the "litter" to meet up:)

BTW this forum was/is brill in sorting out spec and all the basic questions

Not sure if we have your "sister" or a cousin...we bought the mojave Ocean from Listers Coventry...

We looked at the two tone: however "Minky" had just arrived with the transportation protection on and we went for her as we liked the "warm silver" colour and overall spec.

I think these vans were Win Wins:)

Anybody going to the club meet on Sat? Would be good for the "litter" to meet up:)

BTW this forum was/is brill in sorting out spec and all the basic questions
I'm sorry to be missing Saturday as I'm away, would have been goid to meet up

Love the two tone grey/black.
Any more pics :cool:

We wont be able to make it this weekend, I love the idea of the ‘Listers Litter’ :)

Perhaps the last of the current 'Lister's Litter' left the garage today in Coventry. Had a great handover from Justin who has been brilliant from the start.

Have watched hours of YouTube instructions and felt fairly confident but must admit to feeling quite overwhelmed when we brought him/her home - ordered quite a bundle of 'essentials' from the online shop but shan't rush with too many other stuff till we've been out and about a bit and got a feel for it.

No doubt I'll be on this site with plenty of questions in the weeks to come but very grateful for everything I've learned so far on this site so many thanks for all the help.

IMG_3826.JPG

Looks great. Welcome to the fun world of Cali ownership.

Looks great. Welcome all

I was wondering where all those pre-reg Cali had gone. 93 at the beginning of the week, now down to 47.

Perhaps the last of the current 'Lister's Litter' left the garage today in Coventry. Had a great handover from Justin who has been brilliant from the start.

Have watched hours of YouTube instructions and felt fairly confident but must admit to feeling quite overwhelmed when we brought him/her home - ordered quite a bundle of 'essentials' from the online shop but shan't rush with too many other stuff till we've been out and about a bit and got a feel for it.

No doubt I'll be on this site with plenty of questions in the weeks to come but very grateful for everything I've learned so far on this site so many thanks for all the help.

View attachment 27715
Looks fantastic !
I would have collected mine by now, one of the 2 tone Black/Grey they had, but delaying til December as I'm away. Seeing another of the Cov Listers Litter just makes me more excited :cheers

Back