Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reset Airbag

Custardtart

Custardtart

I've accidentally triggered the airbag dashboard light - had the front passenger seat off and forgot to plug the cable in before turning the ignition on.

I bought a memoscan u281 (fault code scanner) off EBay to reset it but it isn't connecting to my van.

What's the cheapest way of resetting this on a facelift van that anyone has found to work?

Call your local van centre and ask how much they would charge. We have a set fee/time that we charge for initial plugging in and diagnostics.

cheers

Ok Thanks.

I've booked in for next week.

I was just kind of hoping somebody would be able to recommend a cheap handheld scanner/reset tool that worked for similar money I'll end up spending if someone else does it for me.

Thanks for the offer but I'm not that close.

If I'd been heading East anytime soon I could probably have dropped in but no plans so I guess it's the dealer on Monday.

Thanks again.

You just need to find someone with vcds local to you. I did the same thing last week - I unplugged the dashboard light while installing a stereo, which gave the airbag error. Once the fault is cleared the van will be happy again - 2 minute job. Where abouts are you?

It's all done now thanks.

Local dealer was fair - only charged about 15 minutes labour.

Back