Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Retrofit ACC in new 6.1

B

BjarneP

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have just purchased a new Ocean 6.1. Unfortunately there have been a misunderstanding during the spec selection with the VW dealer. The vehicle arrived without Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) which was one of my wishes. I'm very sad about this option missing. Do anyone know if its possible to retrofit ACC?

It isn''t possible to retrofit on the T6, so I would be surprised if it was possible on the 6.1

I'd cancel the order as I would not be without ACC now, possibly the best option available

Thanks for all the replys. I have unfortunately already received the vehicle. I first realised it was missing during my way home from the dealer. My understanding was that ACC was standard, probably by watching reviews form UK. Apparently its not standard in Denmark. I'm disappointed that the dealer didn't suggest to add ACC as it was missing in the list of optional extras I was handed out from the dealer.

You will have a certain amount of time to send it back if you are not happy with it. If it’s something you really want them send it back. Don’t let the new smell and shiney bits fool you as you will regret it in years to come

A related/unrelated funny.

An old boss of mine ordered an X5 with a sunroof (and most other options as the company was paying). When he was showing a colleague he mentioned the sunroof. Unfortunately, he was too short to see the roof so didn't spot that it was missing at handover. Being new to the team the colleague explained humbly that he didn't think it had a sunroof. It took my boss about 30seconds of searching the headlining to discover he didn't actually have a sunroof.

How we laughed....

You will have a certain amount of time to send it back if you are not happy with it. If it’s something you really want them send it back. Don’t let the new smell and shiney bits fool you as you will regret it in years to come

I second that.

I would not be without the ACC.

I have just purchased a new Ocean 6.1. Unfortunately there have been a misunderstanding during the spec selection with the VW dealer. The vehicle arrived without Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) which was one of my wishes. I'm very sad about this option missing. Do anyone know if its possible to retrofit ACC?
I actually ordered my car without ACC because I went for VB air suspension so you could go for that option now, and then you can have auto leveling before sleep , which is really GREAT !!

Many things aren't possible to retrofit if you ask VW, but still possible. VW will only retrofit what is decided as possible to retrofit.
Ask cartrends.dk or Vagstyle.dk. If it's doable, they can do it. The question is just if it's gonne be too expensive.

Unlike most of the replies, I think you have little hope of redress, as you indicate yourself in post #6.
It appears the Danish spec doesn't include it, you assumed it would be because the UK spec did. Although it's disappointing that the optional extras list you were given didn't list it, I doubt that gives you any legal redress.
Had you paid for it (through selecting an option or it really being part of the spec locally) then things would be very different.

It's a useful if painful reminder to our non UK members that they need to check and understand their local specs. The move from T6 to 6.1 in the UK seemed to involve a large headline price increase but with lots of previous options becoming standard (presumably to facilitate and differentiate from adding the Coast to the UK range for the first time).

Consider yourself lucky. I find ACC very annoying.

A related/unrelated funny.

An old boss of mine ordered an X5 with a sunroof (and most other options as the company was paying). When he was showing a colleague he mentioned the sunroof. Unfortunately, he was too short to see the roof so didn't spot that it was missing at handover. Being new to the team the colleague explained humbly that he didn't think it had a sunroof. It took my boss about 30seconds of searching the headlining to discover he didn't actually have a sunroof.

How we laughed....
But did he?

That's the question. He was pretty furious but he kept the car so I suspect they pulled out all the details of his order. Fact and detail were not his strong point. He was a talker, not a doer.

No - not according to Danish or EU laws.

If it's within specs, you have no option to return.

I am also looking to increase the ACC function, but there is no solution in Paris, so I can’t modify it

Back