Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ACC has gone missing

Just dropped the van to the dealer to look at the various issues (water leak on the passenger side and loud “click” where the engine stops/starts).

Go to chat with the salesman (who has been very helpful throughout I should say - very happy with him) about the missing Adaptive Cruise Control. What he said was mind-boggling.

When I configured the van, I picked the ‘"Side Assist" Lane change system incl. "Lane Assist" Lane keeping system’ option. According to VW, picking this option automatically removes ACC and replaces it with standard (non-adaptive) cruise control.

It makes no sense. There is no mention of this anywhere. And the config recap you get on the online configurator clearly mentions ACC as still being included.

They’re now looking at whether this can be retrofitted or if it’s going to involve ordering a new van.

The odd thing here is that this must be some kind of weird Irish specific quirk. If that was also the case in the UK, I’m sure I would have heard about it here before.
Hi Mehdime,

We have an Irish van which was built the same time as your, we also ordered Side Assist and Lane Assist our van has ACC which is working normally.

Great to hear that they are getting a replacement van for you.

Hi Mehdime,

We have an Irish van which was built the same time as your, we also ordered Side Assist and Lane Assist our van has ACC which is working normally.

Great to hear that they are getting a replacement van for you.
Thanks for the info @StevoC - very useful if VW don’t follow through.

Back