Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rewiring hook up lead

Freeley

Freeley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hello me again :D

One last question i think before we go on our big adventure at the end of the week.
With regards to reverse polarity i have a tester and my hook up lead.
I'm aiming to rewire my lead if needed so i had a look at it yesterday - it looks like it's a screwdriver free environment, the plug twists apart and once inside it looks like the wires are held in place by plastic lugs of a colour corresponding to their terminal.

It looks like they should pull out but they don't want to budge with just my bare hands, i don't want to risk breaking them by pulling with a pair of pliers or similar.
The lugs have even got a little arrow on them - does anyone know how i go about getting them out?

I'm an idiot with these things but i'm assuming that if a reverse polarity situation exists then i need to rewire both ends of the lead and both ends of the euro adapter which came with the cali.
Also my tester is GB 3 pin, as i don't know whether i need a euro or schuko adapter for it i was planning on plugging my original non rewired hook up lead in and testing via the 240v socket on the kitchen unit in the cali - is this safe?

Picture of my lead below:

20120916_150952.jpg

Any help appreciated as always.

Freeley said:
Hello me again :D

One last question i think before we go on our big adventure at the end of the week.
With regards to reverse polarity i have a tester and my hook up lead.
I'm aiming to rewire my lead if needed so i had a look at it yesterday - it looks like it's a screwdriver free environment, the plug twists apart and once inside it looks like the wires are held in place by plastic lugs of a colour corresponding to their terminal.

It looks like they should pull out but they don't want to budge with just my bare hands, i don't want to risk breaking them by pulling with a pair of pliers or similar.
The lugs have even got a little arrow on them - does anyone know how i go about getting them out?

I'm an idiot with these things but i'm assuming that if a reverse polarity situation exists then i need to rewire both ends of the lead and both ends of the euro adapter which came with the cali.
Also my tester is GB 3 pin, as i don't know whether i need a euro or schuko adapter for it i was planning on plugging my original non rewired hook up lead in and testing via the 240v socket on the kitchen unit in the cali - is this safe?

Picture of my lead below:

20120916_150952.jpg

Any help appreciated as always.

As T5WOB said, a short lead made up as a cross over is easiest, it would then work with a euro adaptor also.

If you do decide to swap the connections in your current lead, you only need to do one end!

Can't help with the connector though, the ones I've fitted have screws holding the wires in.

You would only need to swap the blue and brown at one end.

I think the 2nd short lead is the safest option as discussed above.

Alright thanks chaps more straight forward than i thought.
Will get a short lead as you suggest.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2