Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RNS-510 Blank Screen ?

Kitesurfer

Kitesurfer

kitesurfer
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
The screen on my RNS-510 suddenly went blank, still had power but no radio-satnav or reversing camera,

Contacted my local VW Van Centre, to book in to get checked out.
Was told that they would need to do a diagnostic on the Cali to see what was wrong, this would cost £120.00 just to tell me that the RNS-510 was faulty , The are having a laugh, I declined there offer of HELP ?.

I found Satnav Systems, Surbiton, Surry, on the internet, who repair & install Radio/Satnav’s for VW-Audi & Seat, contacted them who were very helpful, & would complete a diagnostic on the unit free of charge, & give a report on wether they can fix it or not.

I remover the unit my self posted it down to Satnav Systems who checked it out & fixed it, also installed the latest map system V17-2020.

When I purchased my Cali 2014 NEW from SMG Cowfold, they had installed the Satnav Maps off the CD supplied with the New Cali into the RNS-510.

After about 2-3 years had passed getting frustrated with the Satnav maps not knowing were it was & taking me off main roads onto farm tracks then back onto the same road 2 miles further on, I looked at the maps CD to find that the mapping information on the CD had been processed in 2009, 5 years old when supplied by VW in 2014.

I contacted VW Customer Care about this expecting some reaction & suppling an updated map system. VW Customer Care don’t Care & my expectations were shattered

I Thank Hamid R Ataei from Satnav Systems for there, Service Helpfulness & the speedy repair to my RNS-510, at a reasonable cost.

God nows how much VW would of stolen of me, Customer Don’t Care Attitude.

The screen on my RNS-510 suddenly went blank, still had power but no radio-satnav or reversing camera,

Was told that they would need to do a diagnostic on the Cali to see what was wrong, this would cost £120.00 just to tell me that the RNS-510 was faulty , The are having a laugh, I declined there offer of HELP ?.

I found Satnav Systems, Surbiton, Surry, on the internet, who repair & install Radio/Satnav’s for VW-Audi & Seat, contacted them who were very helpful, & would complete a diagnostic on the unit free of charge, & give a report on wether they can fix it or not.

I remover the unit my self posted it down to Satnav Systems who checked it out & fixed it, also installed the latest map system V17-2020.

When I purchased my Cali 2014 NEW from SMG Cowfold, they had installed the Satnav Maps off the CD supplied with the New Cali into the RNS-510.

After about 2-3 years had passed getting frustrated with the Satnav maps not knowing were it was & taking me off main roads onto farm tracks then back onto the same road 2 miles further on, I looked at the maps CD to find that the mapping information on the CD had been processed in 2009, 5 years old when supplied by VW in 2014.

I contacted VW Customer Care about this expecting some reaction & suppling an updated map system. VW Customer Care don’t Care & my expectations were shattered

I Thank Hamid R Ataei from Satnav Systems for there, Service Helpfulness & the speedy repair to my RNS-510, at a reasonable cost.

Glad you had a good experience with Hamid and the Crew at Sat Nav systems, I have used them several times and always found them to be exceptional.

A lot of businesses could learn from them.

Did they try and sell you the T6 Infotainment system ?
Apparently they are the only company able to fit the current T6 infotainment system to a T5!

The ridiculous thing is that VW send the head units to Sat Nav systems to have them fixed !
so the dealer would have simply added the cost of repair to the £120 diagnosis And put a mark up on the repair cost also.

Back