Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wanted RNS 510 (i think)

G

Geezso

Vehicle
N/A
Really contemplating changing the standard unit to a sat nav etc unit. Lots and lots on ebay with varying price and accessories.

Any better alternatives? (remembering I have more than one portable sat nav and its not the end of the world).

Really contemplating changing the standard unit to a sat nav etc unit. Lots and lots on ebay with varying price and accessories.

Any better alternatives? (remembering I have more than one portable sat nav and its not the end of the world).

If you can get a RNS510 at a low price they are o.k. and that is all I can say about them as a navigation device, however they are capable for radio and cds I use a SD card in mine with all my music on.
They are not worth what I paid for mine when new, in a new Cali
Timber

Personally I just don't seem to have the problems others seem to have with the RNS510. I've used many other built it ones and some are so " sophisticated " that they are useless. Standalone are good but then there are the wires and fixing utmost the 510 hasn't let me down in the UK, Scandinavia and Western Europe. The re-routing function to avoid holdups is very good. FM and DAB are excellent. CD, DVD player is good as are the SD input. It is designed for VW. Many aftermarket units are a compromise with special adapted etc .
I would suggest using a desperate satnav until you find a good priced VW unit.

There are some great threads on here regarding the Newsmy Carpad and the Carplay from Alpine and Pioneer. A much more upto date solution that seems to work well in the Cali.

Not saying it is bad or useless ,
but looking at the price , there are better things at lower price that are less difficult to use and update .

Wow, now that's interesting. Shame I use a windows phone, for now anyway.
This I getting expensive