Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RNS510 Bluetooth

britwinger

britwinger

VIP Member
Have just bought a 13 reg California which has RNS510 fitted with a multi function steering wheel. The telephone controls on the steering wheel do not get any response from the RNS510. Also, I can't stream music by bluetooth to the unit. How can I achieve both of these things with this unit and what parts are required.

there is a good chance there is no bluetoth module fitted, this is an optional extra. if it is fitted there will be a menu item for the phone on the MFD. the modules are installed under ther drivers seat (useually)

The simplest way to check is to scan for BT devices with a mobile phone with the vehicle ignition switched on.

If the Phone button on the RNS simply mutes the audio then I'd say it's highly likely no BT is fitted.

Once you've tested let us know the outcome and then we can take it from there.

I have to agree that it doesn't sound like there is any Bluetooth fitted to the unit.

cheers

ive come to the conclusion there is no bluetooth so how do i get it

The easy solution is to pay a company such as HazzyDayz to do it, the cheat solution is to install the kit yourself.

I can point you in the direction of the parts and there are a few threads already here with some info.

almost decided to have the bluetooth fitted by advance in car technologies from bournmouth at a cost of £319 all in , also considering rear view camera at same time . all genuine vw parts and decent chaps .thanks for all the advice