Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RNS510 Drops out of Phone Mode into Radio Mode

S

simy

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I have an RNS510 and usually listen to music via Bluetooth from my phone and it's been working without issue for the past year.

Recently an annoying problem has been happening intermittently - some days, the RNS comes out of Phone mode and into Radio mode without me touching any control.
This can happen quite frequently, like every 10 minutes. To get my music back, I just press the Phone button, then the 'Headphone' icon on the bottom right of the touchscreen.

It doesn't seem like the Bluetooth connection has dropped, just that the system comes out of Phone Mode and into Radio Mode..

Other days, the problem doesn't occur at all.

Any suggestions on what to check/try? I'm not aware of having changed any settings but something may have happened inadvertently.

Many thanks for any advice.

I have an RNS510 and usually listen to music via Bluetooth from my phone and it's been working without issue for the past year.

Recently an annoying problem has been happening intermittently - some days, the RNS comes out of Phone mode and into Radio mode without me touching any control.
This can happen quite frequently, like every 10 minutes. To get my music back, I just press the Phone button, then the 'Headphone' icon on the bottom right of the touchscreen.

It doesn't seem like the Bluetooth connection has dropped, just that the system comes out of Phone Mode and into Radio Mode..

Other days, the problem doesn't occur at all.

Any suggestions on what to check/try? I'm not aware of having changed any settings but something may have happened inadvertently.

Many thanks for any advice.
Try a "soft" reset and if that doesn't work a "hard" reset to factory settings. Watch the whole video first.

You’ve not got the radio traffic notifications enabled have you? I don’t use an RNS anymore, but had issues in the past with that cropping up when some local stations started hitting the broadcast button randomly and interrupting whatever I was listening to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back