Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bluetooth 2012 SE with 310 radio

Richp

Richp

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
My Cali does not have Bluetooth fitted.
It has the telephone button on the steering wheel.
When toggling through the dash screen options, radio, settings etc, it does NOT have the phone option on the screen.
An engineer today installed a Bluetooth module.
It didn't connect to any phone, Bluetooth could not be found.
The thinking is the Bluetooth module has a fault, so a new one is on order.
My question is, will this Bluetooth module enable the dash screen to have the phone option as well as radio, settings etc, or does the fact it doesn't have that already mean that more than a bluetooth module is needed for everything to connect through. Thanks.

Mine didn't have the VW bluetooth fitted either, but the rns315 secretly had it built in the head unit which is disabled/hidden by VW by default.

VW in their wisdom added on a whole extra set of bluetooth hardware on the T5, I guess they wanted to sell an upgrade. I only posted in case the 310 was the same (don't know for sure).

If you have the compatible bluetooth hardware and the relevant coding set via OBD/canbus then it should all work on the screen, but it will depend what the addon is and if its compatible with the canbus.

As Matt says it will need to be coded with vcds zo it shows on the menu. Is it genuine vw bt unit ?? Who fitted it vw ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It was a very experience guy locally, not VW. He did plug in his laptop and I assume that was to do the recoding. We are hoping it was a dud Bluetooth unit.