Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Road tax bloody high, no?

vananarama

vananarama

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Any one know why my Cali Beach road tax is so high (£475), and is it because it’s classed as a car? I’m sure my old T5.1 van was half this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any one know why my Cali Beach road tax is so high (£475), and is it because it’s classed as a car? I’m sure my old T5.1 van was half this.
Correct. M1 Diesel Car, Body Type Motor Caravan or MPV.
Hence VED based on CO2 Emissions.

Yes I think Beach Tours are 'cars' for tax purposes, explaining the additional VED in the brochure:
1607350014035.png

This suggests PLG's (all non-Tours?) avoid the £40k+ "supplement".

Looks like changes afoot again in April, and (all?) new Cali's will be taxed based on their emissions. Would they still be PLG's and avoid the £40k+ supplement then?

Amazing how many posts there've been on this subject. Not sure it could be more complicated.

Looking at the spec the beach tour is registered as a car and the beach camper is registered as a motor home.. The difference is a single ring cooker.
Leading to the obvious question, if a tranger stove is bolted to the floor, can I get the DVLA to change it to a camper, do you think?

Correct. M1 Diesel Car, Body Type Motor Caravan or MPV.
Hence VED based on CO2 Emissions.
Thanks. Any way around this? Wishing we were at Nash Point in the Vale of Glam (Living) today and not at work!

Leading to the obvious question, if a tranger stove is bolted to the floor, can I get the DVLA to change it to a camper, do you think?
No, I’m afraid.

Back