Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New tax Changes April 2017

Thelovewalrus

Thelovewalrus

I
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Ordered our new ocean about two months ago. Est delivery for Jan/Feb 2017. I was reading up about the new tax changes coming into effect April 2017 for new vehicles. Would the transporter come under car tax rules? And if so I read the new vehicles costing over 40k will carry a tax premium of £310 over and above its tax rating for the first (I think I read 5 years) before the premium is dropped.
I sincerely hope ours arrives and is registered before April if this is the case. I must admit to not even considered the tax changes on ordering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ordered our new ocean about two months ago. Est delivery for Jan/Feb 2017. I was reading up about the new tax changes coming into effect April 2017 for new vehicles. Would the transporter come under car tax rules? And if so I read the new vehicles costing over 40k will carry a monthly tax premium of £310 over and above its tax rating for the first (I think I read 5 years) before the premium is dropped.
I sincerely hope ours arrives and is registered before Aoril if this is the case. I must admit to not even considered the tax changes on ordering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, if you search the forums this had been discussed before. The consensus suggests yes, as you describe, it will happen.

I'm in the same position, delivery estimated End Jan, so hopefully can beat the April 1 tax change.

For the £40K premium, I though it was £310 per year not per month as indicated above

I believe the additional cost over 5 years will be around £1,200, so £220 per year extra VED

Back